Buckeye again

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Cut up half of a 90 lb piece today. Got lucky again. Dry on outside but inside was wet. Big set are about 28"× 10-8

20210111_123714.jpg

20210111_123637.jpg

20210111_123731.jpg

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
:watchingyou:These burl pics is like a strip tease for those of us addicted to wood. We can’t hold em without spending a lot of cash. Let’s just say I think these pics qualify as wood p o o r n.

I imagine you having a happy dance cutting these open. :yipee::dance2:

Last edited:

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Would you just stop already!?! Man, that's pretty. Are you still chumming?

Last edited:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
:watchingyou:These burl pics is like a strip tease for those of us addicted to wood. We can’t hold em without spending a lot of cash. Let’s just say I think these pics qualify as wood p o o r n.

I imagine you having a happy dance cutting these open. :yipee::dance2:
They were not cheap whole. Some pay off. Some not so much. These 2 have been fabulous.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Sweet! I would just sand and finish those and hang them on the wall as-is.... hard to improve on mother nature

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Man, just glad I'm not the biggest fan of Buckeye Burl or I would pressured to drop some serious money! Good looking wood though!

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Well, well looks like the evil reptilian (or is he a reptilian pig?) villain strikes again and I am not sure if I am digging the black skirt or are those hungry evil dogs stampeding towards me? Reminds of “unsettling images” in keeping of the late artist Francis Bacon. It is amazing how some book-match will form a shape of something, like a portrait of sorts. Like “as is”, if you are into expressionism/surrealism/cubism- this could be frame (frameless modern framing) and hang into a wall as a focal point...........

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Well, well looks like the evil reptilian (or is he a reptilian pig?) villain strikes again and I am not sure if I am digging the black skirt or are those hungry evil dogs stampeding towards me? Reminds of “unsettling images” in keeping of the late artist Francis Bacon. It is amazing how some book-match will form a shape of something, like a portrait of sorts. Like “as is”, if you are into expressionism/surrealism/cubism- this could be frame (frameless modern framing) and hang into a wall as a focal point...........
porky the pig in the light area

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
^I had him peg as the evil pig, but then I thought that I see resemblance of a big bad wolf. There is some fun interpretations if these were put up as “nature’s art” and framed. Spend enough time staring at being coherent without any help of certain things (cough, cough:wink:)- I am sure you will see some other things if you know what I mean.

Mike- I better not find this work of art in some fancy snooty gallery in Seattle. Anyhow, these would make some wonderful guitar or bass tops!

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
^I had him peg as the evil pig, but then I thought that I see resemblance of a big bad wolf. There is some fun interpretations if these were put up as “nature’s art” and framed. Spend enough time staring at being coherent without any help of certain things (cough, cough:wink:)- I am sure you will see some other things if you know what I mean.

Mike- I better not find this work of art in some fancy snooty gallery in Seattle. Anyhow, these would make some wonderful guitar or bass tops!
they are drying no plans yet.. but...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike

and I have not stopped in seattle for 7 years- that was to buy a jointer. If I never go there again it will be too soon.