Burl Cut Offs

aag562

Reaction score
First name
Anthony
What type of wood is the one that has the very dark color with the lighter side, love that one. How much for this lot? Is it sold as a lot of can I pick?
Another question....do you just sell/have cut offs?

Steve Smith

Reaction score
First name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@aag562 all the pieces in post #20 are african blackwood. They are remnants from a 684 lb log I bought several years ago. Most of what I have left are pieces like this, except for a ~90 lb cant that I probably won't cut up for some time. You can pick the pieces you think you'd like. several of them will not fit into a flat rate box so I expect shipping could be pricey.

I have sold all kinds of stuff over the years. If you search my posts in the for sale forum you'll get an idea.

aag562

Reaction score
First name
Anthony
@aag562 all the pieces in post #20 are african blackwood. They are remnants from a 684 lb log I bought several years ago. Most of what I have left are pieces like this, except for a ~90 lb cant that I probably won't cut up for some time. You can pick the pieces you think you'd like. several of them will not fit into a flat rate box so I expect shipping could be pricey.

I have sold all kinds of stuff over the years. If you search my posts in the for sale forum you'll get an idea.
If the pieces I pick don't fit you can cut them the bowl pour doesn't get any deeper than 6" and 8" width wise. What else do you have in solid pieces of burl with live edge
I can fit up to 8x8.

As for the pieces in the picture I will take all the one with dark wood plus the big piece on the bottom right ( how big is that?)

Steve Smith

Reaction score
First name
Steve
@aag562 The bottom right piece has a max thickness of 3.5". It tapers down to 1.6" on the sides. Can you report my pics with indicators on the pieces of interest?
P1090271.JPG

Steve Smith

Reaction score
First name
Steve
@aag562 To clarify did you want all the blackwood pieces from the first post and the big half round piece (lower right)?

Steve Smith

Reaction score
First name
Steve
@aag562 The blackwood pieces from the first post and the half round piece above totals 12.4 lb. Cost would be $74.4 + shipping. It will fit into a LFRB so shipping is $22

Steve Smith

Reaction score
First name
Steve
I have a bunch but it's more work photographing, measuring, weighing, etc to make it worth the effort.