Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
A while back I started to make a wooden motorcycle. At one point, it frustrated me and I boxed the pieces and placed it on a shelf in my shop for almost 2 years. One day, I decided that it was time to give it a go again and I was able to complete it. Not too long after completing the first motorcycle (which measured 24" long) I decided to make one at half the size for my father for Christmas. This one was a challenge but I stuck it through and finished it. He loved it and has it proudly displayed in his house in Newfoundland. It was requested by someone here that I post pictures of the motorcycles so here they are. The first shots are of the smaller scale bike and the last shot is of the two of them together.
I hope you like it.
[attachment=11596]

[attachment=11597]

[attachment=11598]

[attachment=11599]

[attachment=11600]

bike%201.jpg

bike%202.jpg

bike%203.jpg

bike%204.jpg

bike%205.jpg

cabomhn

Reaction score
First name
Matt
I was actually expecting life size motorcycles, but this ended up being better! :drinks: Amazing work as always, always love seeing your stuff.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
NYWoodturner said:
Amazing... Don't know what else to say - F***ing amazing.

I couldn't have said it better myself... Your work is phenomenal, Ken!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Awesome - again. Thanks Ken I knew they'd be a hit.

:good2:

Dusty

Reaction score
First name
Hal
Beautiful motorcycles! I'm impressed with your attention to detail and craftsmanship.

EricJS

Reaction score
First name
Eric
I'm with everyone else, I don't know what to say - other than incredible!:good: I'll bet I stared at those pics for 10 minutes & still didn't see all the parts. :welldone:

JimH

Reaction score
First name
James
Beautiful work! I have seen those kits in one of the craft mags that come here.I always wondered what the finished product would look like and how much trouble they really were to put together. I really like those..

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JimH said:
Beautiful work! I have seen those kits in one of the craft mags that come here.I always wondered what the finished product would look like and how much trouble they really were to put together. I really like those..

Neither one was a kit. I built them both from scratch. I kind of wish it was a kit......it would have been a lot easier.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
JimH said:

I watched him build them piece by piece on another forum. If they had been kits I wouldn't have been impressed. These are definitely scratch built.

JimH

Reaction score
First name
James
Kenbo! Please forgive me I meant no offence at all.I just thought they might have been those kits. You really do beautiful work.They must take a massive amount of time.

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
JimH said:
Kenbo! Please forgive me I meant no offence at all.I just thought they might have been those kits. You really do beautiful work.They must take a massive amount of time.

No offense taken what so ever. I appreciate the compliments and the fact that you think they look good enough to be a purchase kit. That's awesome. I don't get offended very easily. As for the hours, I don't recall how long it took but I know it took a heck of a long time for the larger one. I think I completed the smaller one in 65 or 70 hours. Something like that anyway.
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Kenbo

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
gator said:
those are awesome. too many things too build too little time.

I know that feeling.
Thanks for the kind words.