**ENDED** Carbide turning tools for sale.

jaustin

Reaction score
First name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Sprung I'll send you a total tonight when I get home from work the diamond detailer do you want it in the 3/8 or 1/2"bar?
John

jaustin

Reaction score
First name
John
Haven't forgot about the hollowing tools, just had a busy weekend.

Had some request for Aluminum tool handles and small turning tools that use the 11mmsquare and radius inserts Stared them got them work out.
Now starting to get some metal together to work on a jig.

Starting playing with a shape, I know it will need more refining but any input will be appreciated.

tool bar.jpg
John

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
That looks pretty similar to the Sorby that I have. Tony

jaustin

Reaction score
First name
John
Are the hollowing tools better on a 3/8 bar or 1/2" bar?
Round or square?

Last edited:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Got my tool in a very timely manner and had a chance to get it handled the other day. Much to the dismay of @Tony and @Bean_counter who told me to use something more generic, I went with African Blackwood for the handle. As I put handles on tools, or rehandle some of my HSS tools, I'm doing each handle in a different wood or type of figure. Two coats of spray shellac, sanded lightly with 220, followed by two coats of satin lacquer from a rattle can on this one, buffed with 0000 steel wool and then a coat of Renaissance Wax.

T3.jpg

T.jpg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Got my tool in a very timely manner and had a chance to get it handled the other day. Much to the dismay of @Tony and @Bean_counter who told me to use something more generic, I went with African Blackwood for the handle. As I put handles on tools, or rehandle some of my HSS tools, I'm doing each handle in a different wood or type of figure. Two coats of spray shellac, sanded lightly with 220, followed by two coats of satin lacquer from a rattle can on this one, buffed with 0000 steel wool and then a coat of Renaissance Wax.

View attachment 124524

View attachment 124523

That blackwood would have looked so much better ripped thin and used in cutting boards!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done Matt, looks awesome! Tony

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don

View attachment 124524

View attachment 124523
Good call on doing the opposite of what they said... Looks awesome imo.

jaustin

Reaction score
First name
John
Will not be taking any orders for a couple weeks, I ended up in the Hospital Friday night with appendicitis and they took my appendix out this morning.

So I will be out of the shop for a couple weeks.

John