• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. This section is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! All others will be deleted. This section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Chainsaw Tachometer

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Not sure if this is in the right spot. Never sure about chainsaw related issues.

It looks like the main favorites are:
DTI TT20K
DTI Fastach
Oppama PET 302R
Oppama PET 1100
Correct me if I missed any. If I had a shop and used one every week, I'd buy on of the ones I've listed. But I'll probably only be using it once a year. Anyone have any recommendations for tachs under $50? I need a somewhat accurate inexpensive tach. I don't mind if it's wired or not. Any ideas?

I've seen several on Amazon with 4-5 star ratings for under $50

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
The guy that did the work on mine has the fastach. Inexpensive but good little tach from what he says.

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
The guy that did the work on mine has the fastach. Inexpensive but good little tach from what he says.
Fastachs run about $100. I would only use it about once a year so I was looking at those cheaper ones like on amazon.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Understand. He has a side business working on small engines. He also builds racing go carts and has a sled pulling lawn tractor. If I remember right, his is a 18hp with like 110hp. That's crazy stuff

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have a couple of thew oppama brand tachs, only ones I'll use. Set your saw up wrong and you'll blow the motor. Tachs are cheap, motors arent, and you can also use them on any 4 stroke motor as well. It's just a tool and very useful for any small engine repair.