Checking in from Bucks County, PA

Greg Wold

Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'm just getting back into woodworking after several decades off doing other things. That means learning, and re-learning, skills; building up the toolkit; and setting up a workshop. I'm a few years from retirement, so have that time to get things in order. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Greg

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome, Greg!

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Welcome Greg from southeastern Massachusetts. Woodworking is a great retirement interest. Sawdust & Shavings. Keep us up to speed with it

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Greg, Welcome from South Texas! I envy you the impending retirement, show us your progress! Tony

Greg Wold

Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome Greg from southeastern Massachusetts. Woodworking is a great retirement interest. Sawdust & Shavings. Keep us up to speed with it
I'll do my best! I grew up in Stow, just inside 495 near Acton/Concord. I still have family up there - Concord, Berlin, and Cumberland, RI.

Greg Wold

Reaction score
First name
Greg
Welcome from California! What type of woodworking do you plan to do? Chuck
Starting small--I'm working on some winding sticks now, and tuning up the old tools I've been pulling together--hand planes, chisels, and saws. Next on the list is a Moxon vice, as working on my WorkMate just doesn't cut it. Then, modest furniture are in the queue--a tray for an antique chest (dovetails), shelving and drawers for some built-in cabinets in the house (M&T, dovetails). And we'll see what my better half comes up with in the meantime, to make up for my time in the shop!

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Thanks! I come from Morris (Stevens Cty), originally. My father's family's still up around International Falls.
Morris is about 2hrs nw of where I’m at,fairfax. I would love to live that far north.

Greg Wold

Reaction score
First name
Greg
Morris is about 2hrs nw of where I’m at,fairfax. I would love to live that far north.
I lived in Fairfax for a couple of years, way back. My father taught HS math, before we moved to the cities (Eagan), then off to MA. I nearly lost a thumb in a belt, in the HS shop one day--that thumb's nail will forever show the effect.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
I lived in Fairfax for a couple of years, way back. My father taught HS math, before we moved to the cities (Eagan), then off to MA. I nearly lost a thumb in a belt, in the HS shop one day--that thumb's nail will forever show the effect.
I’ll ask my wife if she recognizes your name,she’s from fairfax.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
I’ll ask my wife if she recognizes your name,she’s from fairfax.
The wife recognized your last name,what years did you live in and what years did your dad teach in fairfax?