Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

cherry jewelry box or trinkit box

Discussion in 'Box Makers' started by del schisler, Nov 11, 2011.

1. del schisler

del schisler Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    del schisler
    here is another box made i from cherry. This is the best looking cherry wood i have seen in a long time. It is 17" wide and the depth is 10" and comparment is 2 3/4" . The little box inside slide's any where you like it. Or take it out . It is sprayed with sanding sealer and simi gloss cabnet grade lacquer 3 coat's. I use M.L.CAMPBELL brand . I like lacquer because of the quick finishing time. Also looks nice and hard finish. It is hard to get the right color for the cherry but you get the idea. The silver dollar is a repo but looks just like the orig. And i put 2 little lock's on it . It can be used for a gun case . The lock's keep's small kid's out. But not the crook's they would just pick up the complete box and gone. Thanks for looking del

cherry.jpg

cherryopen.jpg

cherrytop.jpg

2. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Kevin
    That's nice. And you're right that cherry is sweet. I need to get some wood posted in the barter section to try and get some - we don't have any of that down here and I love it.

Nice box.

3. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    That wood has some seriously beautiful grain. Nice work Del.

4. chippin-in

chippin-in Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Robert
    Agreed. Very nice work and wood.

Robert

Current Time: 12:40 AM