chinese pistache landscape trees

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
ran across a landscape crew ripping out the entire landscaping facing the street in an industrial area. scored these three chinese pistache logs/trunks. not very big, about 6 foot long and 10 inches across at best, but they did leave the crotches in place so maybe there's some additional blanks there. i'll be bandsawing it up into pieces and putting it in my new "kiln". it's a stainless blanket warming cabinet with a decent seal on the door, about the size of a large fridge. has a small amount of vent to the outside, gets about 125 degrees inside during the day right now, humid as hell in there with the load of olive blanks i put in. i figure 6 weeks of slow cooking and i should be in good shape on the olive.

KIMG4219.JPG

KIMG4218.JPG

KIMG4217.JPG

KIMG4216.JPG

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Great catch! Keep us posted on how it works in the kiln, and what you make with it! Chuck

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
these landscape trees are mot even close to the super dense wood you sent me. probably half the weight per BF
i cut it all up and have it in the kiln now

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
these landscape trees are mot even close to the super dense wood you sent me. probably half the weight per BF
i cut it all up and have it in the kiln now
Yeah, I got a few landscape pistache logs a while back and was really surprised at how less dense they were than the native stuff I had. Still super pretty wood. Spalts well in the sap wood.