ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I got my Dads huge 747 Plano tackle box from my older brother last year. It was in severe need of cleaning. Top drawer had a few soft baits melted into the spaces.
I cleaned up the majority of sticky mess with a small chisel and papertowel. Then sprayed some Goo Gone Gel in them and let em set for a couple hours to soak in.
Washed it off and rinsed it out a few times to make sure it was all clean.
Came out fairly decent....
Here's some before and after pix of it....

0222211409_HDR.jpg 0222211409a_HDR.jpg 0222211409b_HDR.jpg 0222211409c_HDR.jpg 0222211618_HDR.jpg 0222211618a_HDR.jpg 0222211619_HDR.jpg 0222211619a_HDR.jpg 0222211619b_HDR.jpg

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
I seen a couple jitter bugs. Man I loved fishing with those for nighttime largemouths.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
That brings back memories. I had a green PLano box with a single shelf. That box carried everything - lures, bait, lunch, extra line, pliers, a file, filet knife. It sat unopened while I was away at college and was moved back to CA when my folks retired. I found it one day in their garage and opened it. I am pretty sure that was the worst smell I've ever smelled.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Good job Marc, now get out there with Jamieson and use it!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was pretty stinky. I almost tossed the whole thing in the trash. But, my wife suggested I take the time to clean it out. I'm glad I listened to her. (Don't tell her I said that!)
The only thing really wrong with it is one of the side latches is broken. It still works it's just missing the the plastic nubbie thing for the hinge. I may add a rod of something to make it work properly this spring.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
It was pretty stinky. I almost tossed the whole thing in the trash. But, my wife suggested I take the time to clean it out. I'm glad I listened to her. (Don't tell her I said that!)
The only thing really wrong with it is one of the side latches is broken. It still works it's just missing the the plastic nubbie thing for the hinge. I may add a rod of something to make it work properly this spring.
@Mrs ripjack13 :lol2:

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Night and day! What an extra cool thing to have! Now you are just going to have to go out and catch some prize trophies so that you can show them to us! Chuck

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Al loaded up...almost. still going through all my old boxes condensing them. I did eliminate 2 boxes full already...

0311211324_HDR.jpg

0311211325_HDR.jpg

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
You were holding out on us. He had way more than that one big Plano box. I bet that was a fun project.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
You were holding out on us. He had way more than that one big Plano box. I bet that was a fun project.

The 2 on the left are mine. The one in the middle is my grandsons. And my dads is on the right...