• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Clear finish

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
What would be a good durable clear finish over gloss white acrylic latex paint? Something that would not yellow over time. Thank you.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I agree with Ray. I don't know about over paint but when I searched for the clearest finish polycrylic came up tops in just about every review.

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
What would be a good durable clear finish over gloss white acrylic latex paint? Something that would not yellow over time. Thank you.

I've used Polycrylic in all sheens (satin, semi gloss, gloss) ever since it came out....it's a very durable, finish, easy to brush, using a cheap sponge brush. If brushed one fairly heavy, and allowed to "flow", there are very few, if any brush marks.
There is an aerosol version also, but I prefer to brush mine....