• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

**CLOSED** Free to a new turner

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
@Eric Rorabaugh : Just saw these. What a great deal! Still have one or two boxes left?
I'd like to claim one and send it to a buddy who is fairly new to turning and has begun turning finials and such for Christmas ornaments.
I would send you the PayPal, and give you his address to ship the Box.
Hoping it could be a surprise! He's known on here as "carbonleg" but don't want to call him out yet. Do a search for his intro.
Thanks!

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Howdy! Well, I'm not that particular, and I'm not necessarily fishing for (almost) free wood.
If you're assembling one for this purpose, the size isn't critical (not needing actual pen blanks), and harder wood likely make for better finials than softer woods. No big hurry. Just might help clear out some space in your workshop...

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Which of these you want me to send? I'll send all 3 if ya want. šŸ¤£

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Hi Eric:
I've contacted my buddy about these. As it turns out, he prefers to make finials and such from pieces closer to 2" square rather then the standard 1" pen blank.
When next you cut blanks of harder(-er) wood, I'll encourage you to leave them closer to 2" square, and I would happily relieve your stockroom of them. :-)
Thank you again for caring!
--JB