Cocobolo Burl Rollerball Pen

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Hey y’all. So as everyone knows coco Burl is hard to come by. I made this virage/Princeton rollerball with coco Burl and accidentally dropped it. When it dropped it put a small chip in the Burl on the cap end and is barely noticeable. I arranged the clip to cover it however I can’t sell it. I was wanting to see if someone is down for a trade. This pen for wood, preferably bowl blanks or larger and something that isn’t plain Jane. Here are some pics and as you can see the figure is incredible.

6B86EDCF-B7F6-4902-86C1-7840FECC8D32.jpeg C5D03D04-4458-437F-AC89-0CAE9FDE2F71.jpeg E1CBEF70-CAF2-496D-9FB1-9A6D18180723.jpeg

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Nice pen! No chance to disassemble and refinish it?

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I dont know how anyone can tell that apart from HRB. Identical and im saying that because i also have both

cabomhn

Reaction score
First name
Matt
That's an awesome pen! Beautiful wood and turning. How much would you normally sell one of those for normally?

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont know how anyone can tell that apart from HRB. Identical and im saying that because i also have both
Yeah not a whole lot of difference except for the smell. Love the smell of both but coco wins it every time for me

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
That's an awesome pen! Beautiful wood and turning. How much would you normally sell one of those for normally?

Thanks so much. This would probably be 100-120 range. Kit isn’t a really expensive kit but the wood is haha

cabomhn

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Thanks so much. This would probably be 100-120 range. Kit isn’t a really expensive kit but the wood is haha

Very fair price I would say! I know you are always going to be your own worst critic but I think if you wanted to sell it even given the small chip, I think you could probably do so and most people would not care even if you were upfront with them.

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Very fair price I would say! I know you are always going to be your own worst critic but I think if you wanted to sell it even given the small chip, I think you could probably do so and most people would not care even if you were upfront with them.

Thanks I just have a hard time selling something with a flaw and I’m 99% sure no one would ever see it unless the clip moved

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Sell it as a second. Tell them what is wrong with it. Like Matt said, most people are ok if you are up front with them. Just tell them there's a no return policy on seconds.

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
If you carefully disassemble it you might try epoxy mixed with some of the saw dust. Or just use the pen yourself in order to showcase the beautiful wood. All said, it's a handsome pen