Coffee Mugs

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Have a couple of coffee mugs for sale. You may recognize these from pictures I've posted of them in process, maybe even a finished pic. These both have a good, durable finish. The inserts are stainless steel and the lids thread on.

I normally sell these for $60 each + shipping. I will offer these at $50 each + shipping.

This one is a lamination of woods - various woods in various thicknesses. Woods included are: walnut, maple, cherry, bloodwood, mahogany, and ash.

M1a.jpg

M1b.jpg

The other one is Curly Norway Maple. Has a real nice mix of heart and sap. And features a spalt line or two as well. The curl is fairly subtle and doesn't show up in pics very well, but it's there.

M2a.jpg

M2b.jpg

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a great deal, Matt! These are kinda time consuming to make!
Yeah, they do consume some time! These have been sitting on the shelf for a while, so I figure it's time to move them on to a new home. I can only keep so many for myself!

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Those are sweet Matt! And with the discount I could maybe afford a $7 cup of coffee from Starbucks to actually fill it :coffeenews:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
f51549d7eec444150cad874b7798f0a1.jpg

They charge far too much for coffee! :scare3:

I prefer to make my own at home. Occasionally, when away from home, I will seek out a locally owned coffee shop. But, Starbucks? No way!

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Great looking mugs, I did a couple a while back they are a fair amount of work and the inserts are not cheap a good buy for someone.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
View attachment 171807

I prefer to make my own at home. Occasionally, when away from home, I will seek out a locally owned coffee shop. But, Starbucks? No way!
I get mine at the local convivence store, buck 30 for a refill of Green mountain roasters . Free with a fill up of 10 gallons or more and cute friendly girls at the checkout (young enough to be my granddaughters ) oh well .

stwoodturner

Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Reaction score
First name
Scott
View attachment 171807

Try Door County coffee, Door County Wisconson. We had that in our coffee shop before we changed to local roasters (Mississippi) but for the first year of operation, it was our only offering.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Try Door County coffee, Door County Wisconson. We had that in our coffee shop before we changed to local roasters (Mississippi) but for the first year of operation, it was our only offering.
Need to try them - Door County is the next county north from where we live. We actually just moved to this area at the beginning of the year, so we've been trying to explore the area. Current events have, however, put a damper on much of that for now.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Oh I need to try the deaths door coffee!!!