Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Completed walking stick and hatchets / tomahawk

Discussion in 'Woodworkers' Completed Projects' started by Clay3063, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Clay3063

Clay3063 I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it. Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Clay
    One of our guys has been using a dremel tool to carve designs in a walking stick and hatchets / tomahawk. This is just one of the things we've been teaching these folks to do to earn a little money rather than beg on the street corners. Cris is really getting good at this. We are super proud him and the others as we teach them new ways to live. IMG_1679.JPG IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1682.JPG IMG_1684.JPG IMG_3698.JPG IMG_3699.JPG IMG_3700.JPG IMG_3702.JPG IMG_3703.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 5
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Marc
    Nice job....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    Thank you sir. We're proud of the accomplishments Cris and the others are making.

• Sincere Sincere x 1
  4. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    Nice! That's awesome that guys are learning skills that will help them make some money and be proud of their work, I think that's important for Sense of Worth. Tony

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mike Hill

Mike Hill The Bard of Barbecue Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    Very Nice!

6. Nature Man

Nature Man Member Full Member

First name:
    Chuck
    There is a lot of satisfaction in creating things! Great projects and cause! Really like the tomahawks! Chuck

7. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Marc
    Where do you get the axe heads?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    Marc, he got the tomahawk heads at Amazon. Look up Cold Steel Pipe Hawk. And he also got the husquvarna hatchet at Amazon. The other one I am not sure where he got it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. B Rogers

B Rogers Member Full Member

First name:
    Bryson
    Awesome. I'm new here, so I'm unfamiliar with the program these guys are participating in but it sounds like a great cause and looks like they're doing a great job.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 7:38 PM
  10. Clay3063

First name:
    Clay
    We are working towards creating a community in Southern Colorado to house the homeless and to restore their dignity and help them rebuild their lives. Many are what it termed, "Chronically Homeless". These tend to be the aged, the handicapped, the mentally handicapped, etc. Many of the folks we are working with have been homeless for several years and once someone has been in such an environment for that length of time, there is little hope that they would ever make it on their own in our society. That's where we step in and create both a sense of purpose for them but also a family where they can assimilate and find their sense of self worth, dignity, etc. And thus far we're having great successes even though there is a lot of opposition from certain entities. Thank you for asking about what we are doing.
    - Clay Mason
    Minister and Founder of "The Mission of The Way" in Southern Colorado.

• Like Like x 1
Current Time: 4:13 PM