**Contest** Best use of Bangle Center Blanks

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Here are my entries. I have other ideas but ran out of time. I had a dang good time with this, I plan on trying some more ideas as well. I liked doing the pendants, filling them hasn't worked as well as I would like but I'm pretty happy with how these look. The ornament has pen blank cutoffs for the top and finial. The sake bowls were a blast to turn! Thanks for the blanks and for doing this Eric!
20210201_170734.jpg 20210201_170754.jpg 20210201_170836.jpg 20210201_170947.jpg 20210201_170952.jpg 20210201_171052.jpg

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
@Tony- those pendants are gorgeous! Several of them look 😋- all jokes aside, some of them really resembles mini bagels and several look like cookies!

That 4th and 5th photo reminds me of glazed Japanese earthenware. I am digging those “sake” shot cups! Sake bomb time :drinks::five:

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Awesome work Tony! I love the pendants and the sake bowls the most. The ornament is cool as well but the others are more unique to me. If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to turn the pendants so thin? I know a few people who would love those as gifts.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Awesome work Tony! I love the pendants and the sake bowls the most. The ornament is cool as well but the others are more unique to me. If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to turn the pendants so thin? I know a few people who would love those as gifts.
Thanks Barb! I cut them on the bandsaw to about 1/4" thin, then attach them to a block of wood on my Ruth Niles pendant jig to turn them. I'll trade you a few for your stingray box! :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Tony, love the pendants!!! I mean, everyt is great, just the pendants really caught my eye.

Where did you get the Ruth Niles Pendant Jig??

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Thanks Barb! I cut them on the bandsaw to about 1/4" thin, then attach them to a block of wood on my Ruth Niles pendant jig to turn them. I'll trade you a few for your stingray box! :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
Right on! Thank you for the info. I think I'll be holding onto the box though, just to remind myself not make another anytime soon. :)

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I remember an older post also from someone. Well, there went that $120 but pendants out of the bangle centers is just too easy, relatively speaking.
You'll have a good time with it! Be sure to make a draw bar for it, they will come out without one. Don't ask how I know this....

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Here are my entries. I have other ideas but ran out of time. I had a dang good time with this, I plan on trying some more ideas as well. I liked doing the pendants, filling them hasn't worked as well as I would like but I'm pretty happy with how these look. The ornament has pen blank cutoffs for the top and finial. The sake bowls were a blast to turn! Thanks for the blanks and for doing this Eric!
View attachment 201824View attachment 201825View attachment 201826View attachment 201827View attachment 201828View attachment 201829
Thank you for sending me down another rabbit hole lol. I ordered one of those offcenter thingamajigs because of your pendants. :)

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Thank you for sending me down another rabbit hole lol. I ordered one of those offcenter thingamajigs because of your pendants. :)
That's really cool! If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out!