phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
h019_composite 1000w.jpg jobillo (goncalo alves w/ serious striping) with a crappy finish that's going to have to be redone. One coat of natural stain, 5 coats of rattle-can clear flat enamel, 2.5" high, 2" across the base.

h020 composite 1000w.jpg
zebrawood, finish is one coat of natural stain, 5 coats of 1.5 lb solution of shellac, 2" high, 2 3/8" across the base.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Very nice looking holders! Really like the jobillo, the rich color with the vertical striping gives an elegant look to inexpensive candles.

Curious about heat from the candle, have you noticed any problems with the wood or finish after extended use?

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice looking holders! Really like the jobillo, the rich color with the vertical striping gives an elegant look to inexpensive candles.

Curious about heat from the candle, have you noticed any problems with the wood or finish after extended use?
I've just started making these recently so have no experience but don't expect any issues.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Sweet! I like the simplicity of that shape... it lets the wood do the talking.

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
View attachment 172563 jobillo (goncalo alves w/ serious striping) with a crappy finish that's going to have to be redone. One coat of natural stain, 5 coats of rattle-can clear flat enamel, 2.5" high, 2" across the base.

View attachment 172564
zebrawood, finish is one coat of natural stain, 5 coats of 1.5 lb solution of shellac, 2" high, 2 3/8" across the base.
These are great! I love the shape and timber selection.