• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Covid rant

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Actually, Mark, I was only half kidding. I just don’t see the logic in it. OK, the coaching staff, referees and other sideline dwellers might be in a different risk category, I get that part. But between the playing field and sidelines what changes?

I sure hope it is nothing serious, Mike.
The politics change from field to sideline. Science backs the need to play without the mask to reduce long term or lifelong injury, while Covid is of lower risks to long term and lifelong,(I realize, still a risk). As for the mental health of the nation, NFL argued that they are a positive distractive agent and helping if allowed to perform. So far, I agree. This is a simplification.

I have more issue with them playing false crowd background noise for empty stadiums, being I have issue with background noise to start, not to mention when they play loud booing when the team I am cheering for scores or gets a decisive call.....

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
I have more issue with them playing false crowd background noise for empty stadiums,
The stadiums are not empty, they are filled with cardboard cutouts. I’ll bet the owners gave season ticket holders the privilege of paying for their likeness to be “seated”.

In all cases, it “all about the Benjamin’s.”

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Actually, Mark, I was only half kidding. I just don’t see the logic in it. OK, the coaching staff, referees and other sideline dwellers might be in a different risk category, I get that part. But between the playing field and sidelines what changes?

I sure hope it is nothing serious, Mike.
I assume I will be fine.

I watch no football. But why not actors and entertainers are good to go on their job in Ca. They are "ESSENTIAL" 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
What I hate about all pro sports is they have the privilege of instant test results. Whereas us common folks wait 3 or 4 days.......

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
The stadiums are not empty, they are filled with cardboard cutouts. I’ll bet the owners gave season ticket holders the privilege of paying for their likeness to be “seated”.

you are absolutely right- Not about audience- not about anything but They were losing their proverbial butts before covid because of the kneeling and need the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I have more issue with them playing false crowd background noise for empty stadiums, being I have issue with background noise to start, not to mention when they play loud booing when the team I am cheering for scores or gets a decisive call.....
That drove me nuts watching the Astros this pass year

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry

For the Astros you could send in a picture of yourself for $100. They would create a cardboard style cutout of you, place it in the seats and at the end of the year you would receive it after it being certified. Also if any balls were to hit your cutouts then you would also get the ball

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
For the Astros you could send in a picture of yourself for $100. They would create a cardboard style cutout of you, place it in the seats and at the end of the year you would receive it after it being certified. Also if any balls were to hit your cutouts then you would also get the ball
There ya go - one Benjamin, one cutout.

I rest my case....

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
News report at noon summarized the covid deaths in our county. Population of ~52,000 (very rural with one large town of 34,000). Total of ~4400 cases of covid and 111 deaths. Now here's the real truth. 92 of the 111 deaths have been nursing home residents.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
News report at noon summarized the covid deaths in our county. Population of ~52,000 (very rural with one large town of 34,000). Total of ~4400 cases of covid and 111 deaths. Now here's the real truth. 92 of the 111 deaths have been nursing home residents.

There you go...trying to confuse the issue with facts. :redcard:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I could go on and on ranting about how the nursing home residents got infected. Briefly, low paid, part time workers, moving from nursing home to nursing home. Workers ignoring their own symptoms because they need paycheck. PPE being rationed because owners don't want to pay for it. Allowing outside home health workers in nursing homes (private pay) as long as they have a negative test within 2 weeks!

BTW, Residents didn't get infected from family, as family hasn't been allowed since last March.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
One thing that sort of irritates me is the politicians are now posturing to vaccinate prison inmates as soon as they're done with emergency responders and health providers. First, I have to ask how a population group that is sequestered in a totally controlled facility was exposed in the first place. And with that total control of access, they have to be one of the easiest populations to control infection and spread. Second, they're freaking criminals. I think the government types are worried about getting sued by the civil liberty lawyers.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
One thing that sort of irritates me is the politicians are now posturing to vaccinate prison inmates as soon as they're done with emergency responders and health providers. First, I have to ask how a population group that is sequestered in a totally controlled facility was exposed in the first place. And with that total control of access, they have to be one of the easiest populations to control infection and spread. Second, they're freaking criminals. I think the government types are worried about getting sued by the civil liberty lawyers.

Same reason they canceled an execution because the inmate had covid. They want to cure the inmate (spend money) to assure good health then inject with life ending, numbing agent, therefor costing the taxpayer more money and the victim's family more grief.

I'd say, get it done, save the taxpayer on many levels, and withhold the criminal from prolonged suffering.

Last edited:

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I could go on and on ranting about how the nursing home residents got infected. Briefly, low paid, part time workers, moving from nursing home to nursing home. Workers ignoring their own symptoms because they need paycheck. PPE being rationed because owners don't want to pay for it. Allowing outside home health workers in nursing homes (private pay) as long as they have a negative test within 2 weeks!

BTW, Residents didn't get infected from family, as family hasn't been allowed since last March.
There's so much I agree with; and don't agree with on this.

I really think your area might have something to do with it. We experienced similar to a certain degree, the other degrees were vastly drastic... My wife is a physical therapist and was gone less than a month after covid hit. Lost her job after 90 days of furlough per the company and has just now started to get back to work in her field.