Cremation urns

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Maybe @woodtickgreg Could find a few 2 1/2 or 3 inch nut and bolt sets. Should be able to mill in the gaps to turn them into taps and dies. The 2 1/2 and 3 inch sets commercially available are a bit cost prohibitive... would likely need to run stabilized wood for the threaded parts.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have not seen anything that big yet.

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe @woodtickgreg Could find a few 2 1/2 or 3 inch nut and bolt sets. Should be able to mill in the gaps to turn them into taps and dies. The 2 1/2 and 3 inch sets commercially available are a bit cost prohibitive... would likely need to run stabilized wood for the threaded parts.
Good idea... it's hard to beat the price of these conduit adapters though... under 5 bux for both pieces

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Good idea... it's hard to beat the price of these conduit adapters though... under 5 bux for both pieces
Yeah. That's for sure. I haven't tried any of this stuff myself. I just looked at tap and die sets and about fell out on the 4 inch. I reckon a threaded wood set would sell but would need to be affordable. I tend to pick at ideas off and on for a while...