Cribbage board

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
@Jasonparadis taught me a stoopid game that we now play most nights and the travel board he had was a pain. So in wood dude fashion I built my own board for this goofy game. Koa was from @rob3232 and it is gorgeous (after sanding off the drool stains). There was enough for a second board that my silly apprentice is using to make one for himself. The maple was from @Mike1950 he used as packing peanuts a couple years ago.

20210719_164451.jpg

20210719_164506.jpg

20210719_164528.jpg

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Very cool. I have never played that. I have a big ol antler cribbage board. I should look into seeing how its played.
I like the way yours is set up to keep the pieces together.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
I've gotten rusty since my dad passed. He taught me how to play and would often point out points that I missed during the count. Spectacular looking board :good2:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Stunning wood and very nice use of it. Gramps taught me to play on a walrus tusk board in mid 50's. Great Great gramps got It in 1890's looking for gold in alaska.

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Outstanding board! Perfect with the details. Seems odd tho that an islander would get his Koa from Wisconsin- just sayin. Jim

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
That's beautiful! I've been wanting to learn how to play cribbage. Would be even cooler if I made my own box! 🤔

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stunning wood and very nice use of it. Gramps taught me to play on a walrus tusk board in mid 50's. Great Great gramps got It in 1890's looking for gold in alaska.
I figured it would be something like, gramps used a mastodon tusk for a board from one great gramps killed in his youth and used the bones of his enemies for pegs with a deck of stone cards.

:sofa::old:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I figured it would be something like, gramps used a mastodon tusk for a board from one great gramps killed in his youth and used the bones of his enemies for pegs with a deck of stone cards.

:sofa::old:
Actually great great gramps went to first gold rush in 1859. Many rush later he had a horse ranch at Canyon ferry Mt. Told son to take care of ranch. Him and the Mrs. Both in late 60's were going to Alaska for 2 years. Now I told Kathie we should do same at same age. I do not want to get banned for repeating what she said.