• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Crotch walnut

Ken Martin

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Got any nice crotch walnut? I need boards at least 15” long x 4/4” up to 12/4” (depending on width). Show me what ya got!

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
I have some that I was going to post when I got around to making the time to take pictures How much are you looking for?

Ken Martin

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Well… how much have you got?:headscratch2:

Probably a couple of game boxesful if I can get that much. But I’d be happy with whatever I can get as long as it’s sound and without cracks. I’d use the 4/4” for flatworm and make bowls out of tge thicker stuff, so I can go through a bunch of board feet in a hurry!

Do you have any pics?

Ken Martin

Reaction score
First name
Ken
@rob3232 , I like what I see! How dry is Air Dried, and to clarify, that’s $63 for all 3?

im definitely interested. Give me a day to see if anybody can top this offer. I might buy more than one!

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Ken,

I have a good amount more, but here are 2 game boxes full. $50 each box plus shipping. Air dried, metering at 13% (a little humid in the shop in ohio this time of year 64% RH.) Wiped with mineral spirits. Skip planed down to 1" too wide for my dinky little jointer so there is a touch of corner to corner on a few of them. I have some more compression figure and feather in kd 2" as well. Board#1 box 1 has QS curl but hard to show on the cell phone camera. Nice wide boards if you're looking for something different let me know.

20211012_075830.jpg

20211012_080040.jpg

20211012_080336.jpg

20211012_080622.jpg

20211012_080809.jpg

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Dagnabbit - just saw this!!!! Too slow - 2x4 to the head, 2x4 to the head, 2x4 to the head. Gorgeous stuff!