Custom Wood/Ebonite Pen

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
This is a completely custom fountain pen - not made with a kit. This is the pen I showed the making of here.

The wood is Boxelder Burl that I stabilized/dyed in blue and turquoise. The body and cap of the pen are both fully lined with black ebonite. The section is also made from black ebonite. It currently has a Jowo #6 sized nib in Fine, but I can swap it out for an Extra Fine if desired (sorry, don't have any Medium or Broad nibs on hand). Comes with a cartridge converter as well. For size reference, the outside diameter of the pen is about 5/8" and it is about 6 1/2" long. There's at least 4 hours, probably closer to 5, into making this pen.

$150 shipped in the US. Now $140 shipped in the US. Am willing to ship internationally, with the buyer paying the difference in shipping costs.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Last edited:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes sir. That would be great....

I can't help with the cactus part though, lol. But if you decide on turquoise dyed wood, I probably can help with that.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Bump. Would love to give this pen a new home - I can only keep so many for myself and it's hard to argue with how great it is to write with a good fountain pen.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Bump, with a price drop. Now $140 shipped. Christmas will be here before you know it - this would make a great gift for someone special...

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
This may not be the best timing to sell something, but I was into a tray of pens today and came across this pen. So I figured i'd bump this thread.

And I'll offer it for $135 shipped in the US.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I would have loved to have seen this beauty moved on to a new home by now.

I'm currently trying to finance a purchase and am willing to consider reasonable offers on this pen.