Danny in Houston is Here

dannyinhouston

Reaction score
First name
Danny
Howdy.

For some reason, I cannot seem to log on to the Woodnet site anymore. The system administrators there are not responsive. So here I am, looking for another woodworking forum.

I hope this will be a useful site for me.

I am currently designing my new shop, a 20 x 20 ft addition to the back of a 2 car garage. I've been doing this stuff serious for about 20 years.

Here is the first piece of real furniture I made, back in 2004.

table1.jpg

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome to the forum. I'll be astounded if you don't' find this to be an excellent woodworking forum.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Howdy.

For some reason, I cannot seem to log on to the Woodnet site anymore. The system administrators there are not responsive. So here I am, looking for another woodworking forum.

I hope this will be a useful site for me.

I am currently designing my new shop, a 20 x 20 ft addition to the back of a 2 car garage. I've been doing this stuff serious for about 20 years.

Here is the first piece of real furniture I made, back in 2004.

View attachment 176585

What's it look like in 2020?

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Danny, Welcome from San Antonio! I can promise you this, the Admins and Moderators here are VERY responsive, if you need anything just ask.

Nice end table! Tony

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I had joined up there to chat with an old friend. Absolutely no responce from any of the mods or admins there too. I could only post in one topic. Lame.
So, Howdy Danny, Welcome to your new club....:good2:

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Welcome from TN. That's some really nice work on the table. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from California! Thanks for already sharing a pic of your work! Can't wait to see more! What species of wood do you like the most? Chuck

dannyinhouston

Reaction score
First name
Danny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for the comments. My wife and I currently live in the Heights inside the loop near downtown. I recently took a new job on the west side of town in the energy corridor so we are moving to reduce my commute. My sweet wife is agreeing to let me build out a new shop at the new house. I'm currently designing it, gonna be awesome.

Here is my latest work, a live edge slab table with an ebonized base made from poplar. I used te Brian Boggs method for the ebonization. My goal was to make the base look like steel, and it worked. Almost every "civilian" who sees the piece thinks the base is made of steel. I got the slab at Swift River Pecan near San Marcos, TX.

table2 small.JPG

table4.jpg

table3 small.JPG

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
Welcome From NY Danny!!! I’m very jealous of your free state ;) lol. Beautiful work! Can’t wait to see more. You’ll love it here. I’m fairly new as well, and addicted haha. Everyone’s very friendly and welcoming. Enjoy it!

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Welcome from Tucson, Danny. I like your legs. hehehe What is the size of the slab?? ............. Jerry (in Tucson)

tocws2002

Reaction score
First name
-jason
Welcome to WoodBarter, Danny! You'll enjoy it here. With regards to Woodnet, I used to frequent it as well, but gave up on it several years ago. If I remember correctly, I believe you purchased a set of joiners mallets from me when I was more active on that site.

Best of luck with the new workshop.

-jason

Last edited: