Desert Ironwood for an officer.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
have you ever talked to any of your customers a few years after sending them their beautiful grips to see how they are holding up?? I ask as here in Arizona, when there is sapwood with Ironwood, bugs usually have a day with the sapwood within 6 months. Thousands of little holes.......... Jerry (in Tucson)

BoonareeBurl

Reaction score
First name
Grant
have you ever talked to any of your customers a few years after sending them their beautiful grips to see how they are holding up?? I ask as here in Arizona, when there is sapwood with Ironwood, bugs usually have a day with the sapwood within 6 months. Thousands of little holes.......... Jerry (in Tucson)
Does it matter what kind of finish is applied? Had no idea that the ironwood sapwood was that vulnerable (or delicious?).

Thanks,

G

Customgripper

Reaction score
First name
Curt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No I haven't Jerry. But, I don't think there's gonna be any Arizona bugs in Pittsburgh or anywhere else in the midwest or east coast. But thanks for the interest.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Thanks Chuck. Shop completed yet?
Getting real close. More bathroom work to complete, but I‘ve now started organizing. Wood is almost in place, equipment next, then supplies. I’ve been distracted a bit with travel, and now cleanup after the ice storm took down a ton of branches in our yard. Another month or so and I should be up & running. Chuck

Customgripper

Reaction score
First name
Curt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Getting real close. More bathroom work to complete, but I‘ve now started organizing. Wood is almost in place, equipment next, then supplies. I’ve been distracted a bit with travel, and now cleanup after the ice storm took down a ton of branches in our yard. Another month or so and I should be up & running. Chuck
Take some photos when it's complete.