Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Don'tcha just hate it...

Discussion in 'Bull Moose Memorial Outdoor Activity Forum' started by rocky1, Oct 20, 2018.

1. rocky1

rocky1 Creator of Shavings and Sawdust! Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Rocky
    When you put a game camera out in a spot you'd really rather not hunt, and come up with something like this 2 days later!!

WGI_0225.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tom Smart

Tom Smart Member Full Member

First name:
    Tom
    Well, don’t put a camera there. Duh. :sofa:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  3. Eric Rorabaugh

Eric Rorabaugh Diagnosed with addiction by my wife..wood hoarding Full Member

First name:
    Eric
    Buddy of mine went to Ohio (probably a high fence area) and killed this earlier in the week. The brute scored 218.

20181020_215217.jpg

• Way Cool Way Cool x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Last time I put a camera back there, I had more bear and hogs than deer. Think I had one little spike, and a little 4 or 5 pt., lots of does and yearlings on camera. Flock of turkey passed through on a regular basis. Drove up on a bear in there on the mule, looked at me like he was contemplating me or the mule one for lunch. It's a good location for game, nice little natural trail I cleaned up leads off into a big low land marshy area to the south, (left side of picture). River is only half mile or so to the west (behind the deer). Nice set up for archery back there, probably sight the crossbow in, dig out the ground blind, and give it a whirl.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Hate to say it, but yeah that looks like it may be a pen raised buck. Was the 218 before or after deductions? Looks like a whole lot more than that going on there honestly. After deductions, I guess it's possible if they scored him as a typical.

6. Eric Rorabaugh

First name:
    Eric
    Don't know yet. I haven't been able to talk to him. It's probably net if I had to guess due to mass and length. Looks like a typical to me. Unless there's something I don't see. I'd hate to know what it cost though. I don't know if I could PAY for a buck. Can't eat the horns and they're not even good to stir the pot with. All it is is to keep those dang taxidermist's in business.
    :sofa:

Just a jab there Barry! :pieface:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Graybeard

Graybeard Member Full Member

First name:
    David
    Any CWD down your way?

8. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Not to date David... Or, at least not any that they recognize and admit.

9. gman2431

gman2431 Member Full Member

First name:
    cody
    They are trying to slaughter every deer standing around here because of it... not gonna be many left after the next couple seasons. My county has unlimited doe tags

10. Lou Currier

Lou Currier Member Full Member

First name:
    Lou
    That thing looks like it is starving...you need to feed them better :punish:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Year before last they looked worse Lou. Last year they didn't look too bad. This year, they look poor again, although with the rain we've had they've had a bumper crop of goodies to eat. FWC didn't seem to be concerned about it year before last!

2019-2020 season Game and Fish here wants to restrict the numbers taken to increase the population and afford us a chance at bigger bucks Cody. They've already implemented horn size restrictions throughout most of the state, trying to increase trophy potential and limit the number of deer taken. However, in the same proposed legislation to limit the number of deer hunters can take, it states that deer taken by depredation permit don't count toward the proposed season limits. They probably didn't like my comments because I told them that if we had enough deer that we needed depredation permits, it would seem to me that we had too damn many deer already, and limiting the number of deer one could take was not an acceptable remedy. That obviously hunters were not taking enough deer. Likewise, they refuse to implement a Bear Hunting Season, although the science does support a population capable of supporting a season on them, when they know Bear are taking a substantial number of deer.

And, adding to the blatant stupidity in that proposal... They plan to establish a 24 hour call line, that hunters are supposed to call in and report the deer they take, so that hunters can call in and police themselves, and put an end to their own hunting season. How many folks here think that a bunch of renegade rednecks are going to call the FWC call line, and report every deer they take, so that they can stop hunting, when they're paying thousands of dollars annually for a hunting lease?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  12. Mr. Peet

Mr. Peet Member Full Member

First name:
    Mark
    Be careful of your friends there Eric, now days 'black face' is frowned upon... even for those that are dark to start ...

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. CWS

CWS Member Full Member

First name:
    Curt
    a bear in there on the mule, To bad you didn't get a picture of that.:sofa::old:

14. Eric Rorabaugh

First name:
    Eric
    That better?
    :lol2:

20181021_173921.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Mr. Peet

Mr. Peet Member Full Member

First name:
    Mark
    Bluemen, so late 90's...sure that is so much better. Now those are friends worth having...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    He had to come back and rub it in! Funny how he always does this during work hours.

WGI_0127.jpg

WGI_0129.jpg

WGI_0130.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tom Smart

Tom Smart Member Full Member

First name:
    Tom
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    Our limit has always been one deer. used to be Buck only now it seems we have so many variables nobody could keep track of it. I could kill them off the front porch with rocks and the count of vehicle killed deer for hiway between me and freeway about 3 miles is usually about 30 for this month and Nov. But I am sure game dept knows what they are doing-just ask them.

20. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Yeah... Going to limit is to 3 per year, but in the same paragraph, deer taken under depredation permit do not count. I'm thinking if you gotta have depredation permits, you have too many deer already, so limiting the take is kinda ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
Current Time: 4:47 PM