Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Dos Luces Brewery by Jordan Pisowicz/369 Custom.

Discussion in 'Woodworkers' Completed Projects' started by Jordan Pisowicz, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Jordan Pisowicz

Jordan Pisowicz Jordan Piso Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Jordan
    So I just finished my first project since splitting off. It was for a new brewery that just opened this weekend called dos luces. Four circular end tables, 5 square standing tables and 4 picnic tables with 8 benches. Didnt do the chairs. Ordered the bases for the small stuff but for the picnic tables and benches I bent and welded 3/8ths inch flat bar steel . Bending is totally new to me so I can already see where my methods could improve. I'll post pics of the metal bender that I built as well (Even though it's not wood, I'm still proud if it). The inspiration for doing the metal myself was a quote I got for just the 8 table legs for $2800! Let's just say that I would have lost a lot of money on this one if i went that route. Nonetheless it came out good and I will get great exposure in the future from this job. IMG_20180730_165451378.jpg IMG_20180725_180620707_HDR.jpg IMG_20180730_165636253.jpg IMG_20180717_130018866.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 6
  2. B Rogers

B Rogers Member Full Member

First name:
    Bryson
    Nice job

3. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    Very nice, Congratulations!

4. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    Very cool:cool: I dig the bender too! Even though we are a wood site many of us have interest in other things, you can talk about anything in kenbos chatroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Karl_TN

Karl_TN Member Full Member

First name:
    Karl
    Great job on everything including the bending jig.

The picnic tables & benches look sturdy, but did you weld any flat horizontal bracing between the bench legs (at the top) in order to keep people from racking the legs sideways especially if the customers who are a little gravity challenged?

6. Graybeard

Graybeard Member Full Member

First name:
    David
    Very nice. Did you have to heat the metal before bending? Love that you did it all yourself. Looks really good and if that doesn't get you more work folks are crazy!!!

7. Nature Man

Nature Man Member Full Member

First name:
    Chuck
    Congrats on the completion of a substantial custom job! Really turned out well! Chuck

8. whitewaterjay

whitewaterjay Member Full Member

First name:
    Jason
    Great job man, I really like the metal bending jig. I wish I could do some of my own metal work like that, I lose so much money in paying other people for the metal work!

9. Jordan Pisowicz

First name:
    Jordan
    Karl_TN: that had occurred to me after I'd delivered two of them already and was crunched for time as they were opening and wanted all the furniture to do so, so im sorry to say that I had to let em go as they were. I'm fairly confident that they will hold up for some time (assuming nobody more than a couple hundred pounds falls on or into them). I sank 1 1/2" lag bolts into 5/4 ash through 3/8" flat bar with barely a pilot hole. Just used somr screw wax and hand sank em the final couple turns with a wrench. I did five per leg evenly spaced.

10. Jordan Pisowicz

First name:
    Jordan
    And thanks y'all for the positive feedback. It always feels good to hear it from ones who can and have done it who know what goes into it and such. I sincerely appreciate it and always welcome criticism too. This is the best audience to receive it from for the same reason stated above. Critique is hard for some but I am always grateful for it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jordan Pisowicz

First name:
    Jordan
    And Greybeard, no I bent it cold, though at times during the process when I didn't have anyone to help me, it was tempting to break out the oxy acetylene torch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JR Parks

JR Parks Member Full Member

First name:
    Jim
    They look great Jordan

13. barry richardson

barry richardson Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    Great work Jordan! Glad to hear the work is coming your way....

14. Mr. Peet

Mr. Peet Member Full Member

First name:
    Mark
    Your design on the table bases are easy enough to modify for the gravitationally challenged by simply adding inside corner angle braces just under the table tops. It would greatly strengthen them if needed and keeps the foot area open and floor easier to clean.

• Agree Agree x 1
Current Time: 2:10 PM