• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

dove tail box

Karda

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Hi, I am making my first dovetail box with slotted bottom and top. How do you cut blind slots so there are no holes in the dovetails. Many are going to say use a router, I don't have a router I have a table saw. Thanks mike

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
You may need to back up a century and use a chisel then. You can often get close with a drill before final cleanout. Test the theory on a scrap board before screwing up good wood following dumb advice... :cool:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I've used a sharp marking knife to score edges and then router plane. I've also used a handsaw to cut the edges of the slot, router plane and finished with knife and chisel. You could also use table saw for the majority and finish with knife and chisel.

Karda

Reaction score
First name
Mike
thanks for the video I'll have to check and see if I can do that on my sled. I saw a video where a guy used his rip fence but I can't find the video. I can't use my saw sled don't have room for the stops

Last edited: