Dust collector bag

Ptofimpact

Reaction score
First name
Pete
I have a Rikon dust collector with the original bag, dont know what it really collects besides chips, and am looking at a 1 Micron bag to replace it. Aside from addl. equip. any opinions?

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
If you have the space, add a cyclone type separator to the system in addition to a Wynn filter.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'm in the Wynn filter camp also. I also highly recommend adding a cyclone separator to the dust collector. I very rarely have to clean the filter, almost nothing makes it to the bag. 20210425_180351.jpg 20210424_162412.jpg 20210424_162818.jpg 20210424_192703.jpg 20210425_192715.jpg 20210425_193530.jpg
I did this a little at a time. First the filter, wow that made a big difference. And the addition of the cyclone separator made an even bigger difference. And it's so much easier to empty the drum than fight with the plastic bag.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I'm in the Wynn filter camp also. I also highly recommend adding a cyclone separator to the dust collector. I very rarely have to clean the filter, almost nothing makes it to the bag.View attachment 256889View attachment 256890View attachment 256891View attachment 256892View attachment 256893View attachment 256894
I did this a little at a time. First the filter, wow that made a big difference. And the addition of the cyclone separator made an even bigger difference. And it's so much easier to empty the drum than fight with the plastic bag.
I have the filer but am still using the smaller barrel that came with it. Going to get a bigger blue drum and make me a window like yours

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I'm in the Wynn filter camp also. I also highly recommend adding a cyclone separator to the dust collector. I very rarely have to clean the filter, almost nothing makes it to the bag.View attachment 256889View attachment 256890View attachment 256891View attachment 256892View attachment 256893View attachment 256894
I’ll take a picture. I mounted mine up on the wall

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have the filer but am still using the smaller barrel that came with it. Going to get a bigger blue drum and make me a window like yours
I might have done a thread on it somewhere, maybe the classroom.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
My cyclone is mounted to wall and have a plastic 50 gallon paint drum under it. Drum has a wedge type seal- I just whack it a few times with leather hammer and it seals. I have used quite a few options- this type of drum is the easiest.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Here's the link to the dust deputy if your interested.

Ptofimpact

Reaction score
First name
Pete
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice setup thank you, space is an issue for me, have half garage for shop, and I have a separator, eyeballing all that wood!