Dymalux. ♫ εηdεd ♫

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
I'm looking for a piece or 2 of Dymalux, 1.5" diameter by 3" long. Thanks.

Are you looking for a specific color? I have some slabs 2-3 inches thick of black and brown we aren't sure of which trade name it is, Harder than Spectraply but not quite as hard as Dymondwood.

Ben Shook

Reaction score
First name
Ben
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, color isn't really important. I had someone contact me about turning a piece of Dymalux for them that they would send to me. I figured I would try to turn some first before I took a chance on messing up someone else's blank.

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
@Tclem - Wasn't that Dymalux you had been using a while back? Have any around?

pinky

Reaction score
First name
John
I probably sold dynmondwood to @Tclem .
@Ben Shook I would be surprised if dymalux is harder than dymondwood. Maybe someone who has used both could chime in. I might have some 1 1/2 red dymondwood available if you're interested. Not sure what is left in that dimension.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I use dymalux and webbwood. I have turned 1000 sticks out of both of them. . They are both up there very close (in my opinion) as dymondwood. I use both of them for sticks and have had great success. Most of my stuff is cut up or I buy the 1/2" slabs. I did get dymondwood from you @pinky

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
You won't mess it up. I turn it down to 1/16th on one end on my sticks and it won't break. Turns smooth. Sands easy and wax is a good finish

pinky

Reaction score
First name
John
I have a piece 19" long of 2" thick ripped at 1 5/8" wide. I also have a sheet of 1 3/8" thick which I would rip at 1 3/8" wide. If you are looking for only 6" of material, I would prefer not to rip the full sheet and just cut off the 2" thick material.

@Ben Shook

Eric Fenton

Reaction score
First name
mr
Are you looking for a specific color? I have some slabs 2-3 inches thick of black and brown we aren't sure of which trade name it is, Harder than Spectraply but not quite as hard as Dymondwood.
This is our Coffee Blanks