**ENDED** EC Emmerich Primus Jack Plane - English Pattern

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
This is the Model 741P E.C.E Primus hand plane with Lignum Vitae Sole was made in Germany. This is new "old stock" that was imported directly from Germany about 20 years ago. I purchased several of these fantastic planes but only have this one left. It is new as made, in the box, and has never been used.

It has a Lignum Vitae Sole and a patented Primus adjustment for positive, no-slop blade adjustment. The tough wear-resistant Lignum Vitae wood sole is bonded to a hard hornbeam wood body using a uniquely engineered joint. The blade is a hardened German vanadium-chromium steel blade 1 ⅞" (48mm) bedded at 50º. The plane has a 15 ½" (395mm) long body and it weighs 4.8 lbs. (2.2kg).

Used for working rough stock before moving on to finer planes. Tough Lignum Vitae sole slides across wood better than iron or bronze planes. Just set the cutting depth with a turn of the adjustment screw and your E.C.E. Primus is ready to go. The extra-tough chromium vanadium steel blade stays sharp for a very long time with these planes. It sells on other internet sites for $230 plus shipping. I got a great deal on it years ago and can sell it for much less.

Asking $180 plus $18 for shipping within the USA. This is also listed for sale in my Etsy store.

DSC04349.JPG

DSC04350.jpeg

DSC04352.jpeg

Last edited: