Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not. I had an issue with this battery once before, was kind of doing the same thing. Do tell the process.......

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I have not. I had an issue with this battery once before, was kind of doing the same thing. Do tell the process.......
Basically, we used to run our batteries dead then freeze them overnight. Get them out in the am and put them straight on a charger. Rumor was it broke some kind of crystalline formation loose. I dont know. I do know I have seen a few old cellphone batteries revived with that method.

Rocking RP

Reaction score
First name
Roger
I have the whole set push mower, weedeater, blower, hedge cutter and 16" chainsaw. Going on 3 years and I love em. Biggest thing for me is I can get out in our neighborhood early in the a.m. and neighbors don't complain about noise.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
It did when new, but I'm sure it was only a year or 2, not 4 years.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
My problem is it's not totally dead. Just wont get a full charge or discharge fully. Doesnt last very long.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Just a thought here. Batteries don't last forever, I have purchased dozens for my cordless drills and tools. It's just part of it I think. What kills me is the cost of the batteries! I'm not faulting my ego tools, I really am happy with how they work and the benefits of electric like no gas, oil, maintenance, noise, light weight, etc.

Trob115

Reaction score
First name
Trey
This was interesting, but would like to have seen if it took a full charge after a few hours, and if it actually restored life to the battery. Chuck
I've had several people use this for old drill batteries and they charged back to full. If I ever have one that dies, I'm going to give it a shot

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I haven't watched either of those videos yet but I have jumped numerous "bad" batteries and brought them back to life and used them for a while after. When they run down to very low voltage the charger sees them as bad and will not charge them. After jumping they are of high enough voltage the charger goes ahead and charges them. They are not bad at all. I've done this a couple times to the same battery. Another ploy to get our money

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Ok so here's a couple of updates. I purchased an aftermarket battery through Amazon, Sam size but about $100 less and it works perfectly.
2nd thing is I was using the mower yesterday and the variable speed controll stopped working, it now has one speed, run! I vary it to some point with the engagement lever but I wish I could just slow it down, especially now that the leaves are starting to fall. So I went online to see I I could get a new speed controll, I'm thinking it's gotta be just a resistor type controll and I'll just order one and change it out. But ego has no parts breakdown on their site, you order parts through ereplacement parts online, but again I saw no parts diagram. So I wrote down the model and serial number and called customer service to see if they could help me. She looked up my serial number and said I never registered it but that she could do it for me over the phone, so we did that. Then she said the mower has a 5 year warranty and that if I could take it to a service center it would be repaired for free under warranty, great! Better than I expected, I would have been happy with buying the part. So she said hold on and I'll find a service center near you, ok no problem I said. Quite a bit of time passes as I'm on hold, she comes back on and says thank you for holding, the problem is there is no service center near you. I said ok now what? Can I order the part? She said we are sending you a new lawnmower by ups as a one time warranty claim and you don't have to send your old one back you can keep it!
Ok this is outstanding customer service way above and beyond what I was expecting!! So now I just wait for an email with a tracking number.
If I was retired this would be a prime opportunity to open a service center here, lol.
I'll keep you guys posted on how this plays out.........

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Ok so here's a couple of updates. I purchased an aftermarket battery through Amazon, Sam size but about $100 less and it works perfectly.
2nd thing is I was using the mower yesterday and the variable speed controll stopped working, it now has one speed, run! I vary it to some point with the engagement lever but I wish I could just slow it down, especially now that the leaves are starting to fall. So I went online to see I I could get a new speed controll, I'm thinking it's gotta be just a resistor type controll and I'll just order one and change it out. But ego has no parts breakdown on their site, you order parts through ereplacement parts online, but again I saw no parts diagram. So I wrote down the model and serial number and called customer service to see if they could help me. She looked up my serial number and said I never registered it but that she could do it for me over the phone, so we did that. Then she said the mower has a 5 year warranty and that if I could take it to a service center it would be repaired for free under warranty, great! Better than I expected, I would have been happy with buying the part. So she said hold on and I'll find a service center near you, ok no problem I said. Quite a bit of time passes as I'm on hold, she comes back on and says thank you for holding, the problem is there is no service center near you. I said ok now what? Can I order the part? She said we are sending you a new lawnmower by ups as a one time warranty claim and you don't have to send your old one back you can keep it!
Ok this is outstanding customer service way above and beyond what I was expecting!! So now I just wait for an email with a tracking number.
If I was retired this would be a prime opportunity to open a service center here, lol.
I'll keep you guys posted on how this plays out.........
That is beyond cool! Unheard of customer service! Congrats! Chuck

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Well they printed the shipping tag with tracking number a week ago, it finally was picked up by ups yesterday, eta is 1st of November.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
An entire new mower? For free? That's incredible. Also says it's cheaper to replace the mower than pay a tech to fix the speed control. Kind of like phones, laptops, most appliances...

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
An entire new mower? For free? That's incredible. Also says it's cheaper to replace the mower than pay a tech to fix the speed control. Kind of like phones, laptops, most appliances...
We've definitely become a disposable society! Chuck