End Grain Cutting Board - Looking for Opinions, Suggestions

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
I like the smaller one,are the pieces you removed big enough to make matching cheese boards?

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for your comments and opinions.

Since it is the “political season”, I decided on a compromise course of action and worked a hybrid solution. I used the widest piece I had (31mm) for the center and reduced the ones on either side from 29mm to 28mm. So now the boards are a little bigger than the smaller one in the original pictures and there are fewer left over strips. So to answer Troy’s (@T. Ben) question, that would have been the plan but now there isn’t enough remaining. I might have enough for a small project of some kind.

F1D4DBCF-01F0-489A-B022-7667AA0508E5.jpeg

DD118E54-B274-47B6-B25D-05B1939045EC.jpeg

7D621999-9D7C-4DAC-BC5B-EB47F8455F2C.jpeg

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Nice. I bet most of the people who see those don't realize just how much work it is to make them. Like my wife's quilts, people don't see all the work that goes into cutting all the blocks, etc.

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice. I bet most of the people who see those don't realize just how much work it is to make them. Like my wife's quilts, people don't see all the work that goes into cutting all the blocks, etc.
Exactly! I’ve been putzing around with this for almost 5 days now. Could never make a living doing this, but it keeps me off the streets and I make enough to buy another toy.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Your posts have been inspirational to the rest of us, and given me personally a few ideas as I forge ahead with cutting boards. Thanks! Chuck

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
I say those are beautiful and go big or go home. LOL