Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

**Ended** Butternut Carving/Turning Blanks

Discussion in 'Wood For Sale' started by Allen Tomaszek, May 4, 2019.

1. Allen Tomaszek

Allen Tomaszek Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Allen
    Here are some Butternut pieces taking up space in my shop. Great for small turnings or some practice carving wood. All fits in a medium flat rate box. $25 delivered.

From the left...

2 pieces about 3 1/2” square by 5” long.
    5 pieces 1” x 5-6” long.
    1 piece 6x6x 3 1/2” (maybe a small bowl)
    1 piece 2x3x6
    3 pieces 1” x8”
    1 piece. 1 3/4” x 4” x 8 1/2”

91D6A444-9D91-49AC-B911-9D70903F50DF.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Allen Tomaszek

First name:
    Allen
    $20 delivered?

3. rob3232

rob3232 Member Full Member

First name:
    Rob
    Allen,
    That’s a great deal! I have a lot for my self but if I didn’t I’d be in for sure.

Rob

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Allen Tomaszek

First name:
    Allen
    Thanks Rob. If it doesn’t go anywhere I’ll just add this stuff to my bin of small basswood and butternut pieces. Local carvers stop by from time to time to raid the bin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nature Man

Nature Man Member Full Member

First name:
    Chuck
    Bargain! Someone should scoop this up! Chuck

6. rocky1

rocky1 Creator of Shavings and Sawdust! Full Member

First name:
    Rocky
    I can't believe no one has bought this yet. I keep telling myself I'm going to quit buying wood until I get shelves built to store it all in, but haven't had time to do any of that yet. Take the @Tony approach.. What's one more flat rate box!

Send me your PayPal address Allen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Graybeard

Graybeard Member Full Member

First name:
    David
    Some of the most beautiful bird carvings I've seen were done in butternut. The warmth of the wood is inviting to pick up.

No pressure Rocky. :good2:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  8. Allen Tomaszek

First name:
    Allen
  9. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    PayPal sent...

10. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Package arrived yesterday's mail, wasn't aware it was there until after lunch today. Was busy cleaning and tuning on the extracting system yesterday when one of the kids in the bottling room came in looking upset and said, "Your dad needs you, thinks he's having a heart attack!" Needless to say that kinda shot the remainder of my day in the ass. He was still up and moving, had popped two Nitro pills, so I loaded him up, headed to the ER, started making phone calls, then sat around with everyone else waiting on them to figure out what was wrong with him.

All is well... pain eased off before we got to town, he beat me in the ER, by the time I got the van parked, he was in the back, hooked up to heart monitor, nurses were gathering round him, drawing blood, checking vitals. Couldn't find anything wrong with him, heart beat was strong, rythm was good, blood pressure was good, pain had subsided entirely. Did blood work, enzymes indicated no heart attack. ER doc said she suspected reflux, didn't believe he had a heart attack. Said that was the reason the Nitro pills weren't working. Already had an appointment with his cardiologist this morning, old man he said he felt fine today. Cardiologist has lined him up with dye test, stress test, possible heart catheterization, suspects he may have an artery or one of the stints plugging up. Doesn't believe it was a digestion issue. Old man is 81 now, had first heart attack at 55, has 3 stints, first one failed and had to be replaced, this is the third such episode in the last month, each getting gradually worse. So...

At any rate, package was unscathed, the Butternut is beautiful! Pictures really didn't do it justice. Thanks Allen!!

• Sincere Sincere x 4
  11. JoshfromPA

JoshfromPA Member Full Member

First name:
    Josh
    Sorry to hear about all that Rocky. Hope all goes good for you both today.

12. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    He was back in time for lunch Wednesday, goes back for tests today and tomorrow I believe he said. Talked to him after he got back yesterday, and he said he felt fine.

13. JoshfromPA

JoshfromPA Member Full Member

First name:
    Josh
    Good news, well I hope that continues!

14. T. Ben

T. Ben Member Full Member

First name:
    Troy
    Glad to hear everything is ok.

15. Allen Tomaszek

First name:
    Allen
    Glad everything is well with your dad Rocky. Thanks for the update on the arrival of the package. Enjoy the wood!

16. Eric Rorabaugh

Eric Rorabaugh Member Full Member

First name:
    Eric
    Wow, don't know how I missed this today. I know that was scary Rocky. Glad he is doing ok. Hope they find out what it is and it's nothing major. Prayers coming your way.

17. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Yesterday they decided to NOT do the dye test, because his kidneys are weak enough they don't know if the kidneys will handle the dye. Today doing the stress test, which he hates with a passion. Given the fact that he gets winded walking the 40 feet from the van to his office chair at work, I'm thinking this may be the longest 12 seconds of his entire life.

Otherwise all is well, he's back at the office, acting like any other day, cracking jokes about all of it. Appreciate all the prayers and concern guys.

Scariest part Eric, was thinking I might have to lip lock his ugly old ass side the highway, while waiting on paramedics. No tellin what sort of misunderstood pictures might wind up on the internet, talkin about 2 old fat guys makin out side the road.

18. Nature Man

Nature Man Member Full Member

First name:
    Chuck
    Great to hear that a degree of normalcy has returned for your dad and you. Sounds like he has a good attitude. Pray that he has a few more years of healthy living! Chuck

19. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    He isn't giving up by any means, been battling heart problems for 25 years now. Was in the hospital with first heart attack and the honey house caught fire. Lost half the building, all his wood shop, extracting equipment. I was in ND at the time, they called and asked if they should tell him. HELLO! It isn't like he's gonna miss it when you drive in the yard, I'm thinking you might want to notify the doctor and have him in the room with you when you tell him.

First stint failed, they went in to place another got it tangled in the first. Doctor said he was about 2 minutes away from opening him up when he got it loose.

Survived kidney stones, had gall bladder removed, sees about half a dozen doctors, takes a suitcase full of pills daily, but he keeps on ticking. Fusses and grumbles about all of it, but he remains pretty faithful to seeing his doctors and taking his meds. Has lots of support from family. One sister started nursing school, wound up teaching school instead, so she understands most of what they tell him, and tells the doctors all the things he neglects to tell them. One phone call and one text the other day and everyone but the sister in Phoenix was there within a half hour. Including two of the grandkids and their families.

• Sincere Sincere x 2
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  20. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    Well he survived his stress test, said they didn't send him to the hospital, so it must have been OK anyhow.

Took him off his diuretics, trying to build up fluids in the body, and check his kidney function again first of next week. Still want to try and do the dye test, cardiologist believes he's close enough to the threshold on the kidney thing, that with the additional fluids he may be able to squeeze him through the procedure without causing harm, dye him up, and see what he wants to see. Now I'm thinking I should go find a picture of one of Matt's double dyed blanks, get in Photoshop and create a layer mask with it, reduce opacity, and over lay a picture of him and send it to him for shits and giggles. Tell him that's what he's going to come out like. Either that or tie dye a T-Shirt for him to wear to his appointment next week one. :lol2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. rocky1

First name:
    Rocky
    @ripjack13 is really cool, but at @Lou Currier got to carry a gun to work every day for 20+ years making him cooler!

For those of you who may be confused... It's an inside joke ripjack13 will be by to explain later!

Last edited: May 17, 2019
Current Time: 5:09 PM