• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

**ENDED** Delta lathe accessories

Tim Carter

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I have a Delta 24" tool rest in excellent condition for $100, including shipping to the lower 48 states.

I also have a Delta sanding table with the 9" sanding disc for $110, including shipping to the lower 48 states.

I would prefer a check rather than Paypal. If you're interested, send me a pm.
Tim

Delta 24 tool rest.JPG

Delta sanding table.JPG

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Tim Carter said:
I have a Delta 24" tool rest in excellent condition for $100, including shipping to the lower 48 states.

I also have a Delta sanding table with the 9" sanding disc for $110, including shipping to the lower 48 states.

I would prefer a check rather than Paypal. If you're interested, send me a pm.
Tim

That tool rest looks like it is on an old delt lathe possibly WWII era? I have one like that.... Any interest in trading some wood for it?

brick

Reaction score
First name
Rob
If you don't work out a deal with Treecycle, I'd be interested in the tool rest.

Tim Carter

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Greg,
I'd be interested in a wood trade for the tool rest. I really enjoy turning hollow forms out of burls. The species of burl doesn't matter much to me. Do you have any you'd be willing to part with? I'd appreciate it if you could include a picture or pictures and the dimensions.

You're right, the picture of the tool rest was taken on a vintage Delta 12" lathe that I restored and sold. They're still a very good lathe, especially if it has the cast iron Delta legs.
Tim

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
sweet! I have oak burl 6x6x9 and another 6x6x6. I have several FBE 6X6X9 and a longer one at 6x6x23-24" i will get some pix up this eve.

Any idea where i could get a second banjo? I only have one currently.

Tim Carter

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Treecycle Hardwoods said:
sweet! I have oak burl 6x6x9 and another 6x6x6. I have several FBE 6X6X9 and a longer one at 6x6x23-24" i will get some pix up this eve.

Any idea where i could get a second banjo? I only have one currently.

There's usually a fair number of banjos on ebay. I also have had good luck down here in S. Fla. on Craigslist. I've also had good luck with www.publicsurplus.com. They auction off surplus stuff. a lot of it is from school districts that are closing their wood shops.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the burls.
tim

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Here is what I have for you Tim. (2) Flame Boxelder blanks one is 6x6x7 the other is 6x6x23-24 The (2) oak burls are 6x6x6 and 6x6x9 the burl has some voids and checking. Both the oak and FBE have some bark inclusions. The FBE is very curly which came from a log with lots of burl on it. The FBE blanks doesn't have any eyes just really curly from the compression and folding from all the burl growth.

I was asking $85 on the large FBE piece $40 on the small FBE $37 on the small oak burl and $55 on the large burl. I know we are working on a trade i just put up the pricing for reference because you had a $100 price tag on the tool rest.

hollow 1.jpg

hollow 2.jpg

hollow 3.jpg

hollow 4.jpg

hollow 5.jpg

Tim Carter

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I accept-that's a very generous offer! Thank you very much! I'll get the tool rest packed. Please PM me with your name and address and I'll do the same.
Tim