**ENDED** Dogwood

myingling

Reaction score
First name
mike
My Dogwood is runing low andmy local guy dont have any dry was lookin to pick some up ,,some thing go in FRB aleast 8in long by 1 in sq or bigger i can resaw ,,hopefully dry

Mike

steve bellinger

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Mike don't have any that's dry, but can cut up some and zap them, as long as there small pieces. Have done it in the microwave a bunch. Might even have some dead out in the woods that's half dry already. Will check if you want.

myingling

Reaction score
First name
mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure take a look see what you come up with ,,

brown down

Reaction score
First name
jeff
I should have quite a bit of dogwood. let me see what i have cut up, my stock will should be around 2" and above. I know i have at least one 8" diameter log by about 3-4 feet but that stuff is so damn hard, really trashes bandsaw blades fast!
i'll take some pics later and post them if you are still in need of it

myingling

Reaction score
First name
mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rbaccus said:
Myling, if all else fails i have a stack--dried 20 yrs dried inside - a whole tree chunked. some whole-some with i split.

Would you have something might fit LFRB? Thanks

brown down

Reaction score
First name
jeff
here are a few i had in the shop. sorry this took so long.
they have a few small checks in them but don't seem to run deep. all are a heavy 2x2

i have 2 logs i haven't opened up yet and have some others in my shed if these aren't what you want. but i am in no shape to be running any kind of saw right now!

[attachment=7565][attachment=7566]

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Mike,
I've got a good number of pieces like these in the pick, they've been kiln dried in my 'mini-kiln', so all the critters that may have been in there at one time should be long gone or crispy critters.

I could put together a SFRB of this sort of stuff pretty easily, essentially stuffing it full for $15 shipped...if this would help. I would likely include one of the larger 1.8"sq x 8" long pieces, a couple of the 7/8"x1.5x 8" types and the balance in 1" sq (some may be closer to 7/8" on one side) pieces. Just let me know if you want it mostly 'plain' or prefer some spalting...I have some of both in these sizes.

If you need more or something larger, let me know what you're wanting to use it for and I'll see what may fit the need better. I do have some larger stuff, but not kiln dried, though it's been drying for some time (over 1 year) naturally.

dogwood.jpg