• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

ENDED ERROR Requested Oak Burl pieces

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
For Wild Cherry and Ambrosia Maple Burl of the highest quality one cannot go past A and Q Hardwoods.

They are a very professional Timber Mill situated in Dorset Ohio and they ship flat rate across the USA. I have no personal interest in them except to say they provide the highest quality timber blanks of any size, of any variety and in fact they will cut to size and provide 24/7 Fed ex delivery.
I do not see any burl on their page....

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
For Wild Cherry and Ambrosia Maple Burl of the highest quality one cannot go past A and Q Hardwoods.

They are a very professional Timber Mill situated in Dorset Ohio and they ship flat rate across the USA. I have no personal interest in them except to say they provide the highest quality timber blanks of any size, of any variety and in fact they will cut to size and provide 24/7 Fed ex delivery.
I am a little confused why someone would post a link to a lumber mill under a thread in which a member is offering to sell some burl he harvested and milled himself? It's almost like saying "buy your wood somewhere else". This thread should be for John to show wood he has for sale and potential buyers. Posting this link under his thread isn't really fair to John. There's another thread way down near the bottom where people can post links for good deals, etc. That would be a better place for this link.

Last edited:

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
I don't care what kind of wood it is, it is beautiful! Plus, cherry probably works even better than oak for my purposes. Net gain, in my mind.
I admire your honesty, @Jonkou which is not ubiquitous in these modern times.
My Desire still stands for natural edges and cut-offs as they may become available.
Thank you.

Andrew T

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
I am a little confused why someone would post a link to a lumber mill under a thread in which a member is offering to sell some burl he harvested and milled himself? It's almost like saying "buy your wood somewhere else". This thread should be for John to show wood he has for sale and potential buyers. Posting this link under his thread isn't really fair to John. There's another thread way down near the bottom where people can post links for good deals, etc. That would be a better place for this link.
A thread in this forum? Hmm, must not be using the right search terms...Do you know right off what the title of the thread is?

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Folks, need to be courteous and be respectful to what the subject of this thread is. No one is asking where we can buy this particular wood. This is a wood he is offering with people in line and interested.

Need to keep this thread clean and if you want to post where to buy certain woods- please post it in a proper thread or open up your own thread.

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John

@David - Ohio Post on this thread only if it is pertinent to the subject title, this ain’t. Your new so will forgive this time, please use the edit function and delete this then start your own thread in the appropriate forum. You can ask any Moderator for assistance if needed. Thanks.

Last edited:

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
please give me a break. I am new to this site and have been a member for 24 hrs
I'm sure your intentions were good David. No need for anyone to get too agro. But you can go back to your original post and delete/erase your post and re-post it down at the link I suggested. Or you can just make an entirely new thread with the title "Here's a mill with awesome cherry burls" or something. People appreciate hearing about another new potential source of wood.

Johnturner

Proud Member
Reaction score
First name
John

Nice place thanks for the link.

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
Payment received from both Mark and Doug. Thank You, I owe you both.

This thread is getting too busy, all active sales are complete so closing it and will follow up in new threads when it’s all cut up.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I received the four blanks today and they look really nice, regardless of what type of wood they are. I'm stoked. Thanks John.