**ENDED**Live edge walnut

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yowza, that is a big piece of walnut! How thick is the cant?

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
@Mike1950 , I got the box of walnut today... gonna make great cutting boards/serving trays! I can't wait to get them planed down to see what is hiding underneath!

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
Tom, you're making this impossible for me! I keep going back and forth between different pieces! I'm going to go make some sawdust and see if it clears my mind a bit.

manbuckwal

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Sorry bout that :blush-33: I actually refrained from posting more pics of other pieces :sarcastic:. I think the simplest would be a 24" piece out of the second piece I posted and I will throw in the last piece on top of it for ya, and we ship fedex .

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
All right, Tom, you twisted my arm! PM me the total with shipping to 77040 and I'll get you paid tonight!

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
:yipee::yipee::yipee::gotmywood::thanx2::thanx2::thanx2:

Tom, that walnut arrived today and man is it some sweet stuff! I know you said the measurements in the post, but I really did not expect the pieces to be a massive as they are! I couldn't be happier... thanks for taking care of me, buddy!

manbuckwal

Reaction score
First name
Tom
:yipee::yipee::yipee::gotmywood::thanx2::thanx2::thanx2:

Tom, that walnut arrived today and man is it some sweet stuff! I know you said the measurements in the post, but I really did not expect the pieces to be a massive as they are! I couldn't be happier... thanks for taking care of me, buddy!

Glad you like em ! I will b heading to the walnut store next week for more lol .

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
@El Guapo Let me know if you are interested in more...have quite a bit of live edge, dry, american black walnut and claro walnut slabs in the dimensions you had originally posted.
I don't need any more right now, but I will again sometime soon. I'll hit you up! Of course, you can always post a couple of pics!!!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
its not super shinny but it protects the wood also the conditioner has beeswax in it so that may help with keeping it from sweating. ive never had a problem with it

I've got a few more questions Austin. I picked up some of the conditioner yesterday, do you heat it up to apply? It says to, I was thinking of putting the bottle in some hot hot water but was curious as to what you do. Thanks! Tony

APBcustoms

your every day wood addict
Reaction score
First name
austin
I've got a few more questions Austin. I picked up some of the conditioner yesterday, do you heat it up to apply? It says to, I was thinking of putting the bottle in some hot hot water but was curious as to what you do. Thanks! Tony
you don't have too especially if you use the butcher block oil. what heating it does it thins it out for deeper penetration. i just microwave some in a cup and pour it on