**ENDED** Rosewood tote needed

against.the.grain

Reaction score
First name
Shane
I need a Rosewood tote for a restoration project. It was my grand fathers . I’m not sure the make but I tried the tote off my Stanley number 4 and it fit just fine. I’d gladly buy the knob too if it’s a matched set. I’ve upcoming project for a family member and I’d really like to get this plan tuned up to use on it. I have wood or pesos , which ever you prefer.

against.the.grain

Reaction score
First name
Shane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Although the 4 tote fits on the plane, it’s actually a 5 copy. As best as I can tell , the angle is the biggest difference in a tote between a 4 and 5. Slightly taller but not very much.

Spinartist

Reaction score
First name
Lee
Says "handle or tote" on @rocky1 s illustration above.
000-stanley-no-4-plane-diagram-jpg.150578

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
@against.the.grain , I did look and I do have a tote from a 3 or 4, but your picture shows the tote from a 5-8 and I don't have any of those left except a couple aluminum ones Stanley made for the school market

against.the.grain

Reaction score
First name
Shane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@against.the.grain , I did look and I do have a tote from a 3 or 4, but your picture shows the tote from a 5-8 and I don't have any of those left except a couple aluminum ones Stanley made for the school market
That was just a stock photo I grabbed off the internet. However my plane is a 5 copy. Is the difference in the totes from a 4 to a 5 in the angle?

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
That was just a stock photo I grabbed off the internet. However my plane is a 5 copy. Is the difference in the totes from a 4 to a 5 in the angle?

Slight size difference and the 5 totes have the hole at the front for the extra screw. Do you have the front screw on your plane?