**ENDED**Russian Olive slabs (CLOSED)

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby
Looking to do some wood swapping, so lets get some bartering going on here. I'm not interested in anything I can pick up at Lowe's or Home Depot.

I dont have exact measurements on each piece but if someone is interested I'll be more than happy to get measurements if you are interested in an individual piece or the whole lot.

wood 007.jpg

wood 011.jpg

wood 012.jpg

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RE: Russian Olive slabs

bigcouger said:
:morning2: I like the one on the right in first picture, can you give me the thickness an width on the bottom part please :morning1: an how long ago was they cut or are they dry
Roy

This wood came from a dead standing tree I had slabbed this past fall. I suspect moisture is around 12%. I wet it for the pics. I'll get exacts for you.

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

bigcouger said:
bwh3805 said:
bigcouger said:
:morning2: I like the one on the right in first picture, can you give me the thickness an width on the bottom part please :morning1: an how long ago was they cut or are they dry
Roy

This wood came from a dead standing tree I had slabbed this past fall. I suspect moisture is around 12%. I wet it for the pics. I'll get exacts for you.

Thank you I need the measuements of the bottom half
Thanks Roy

Measurements of bottom half are 18 x 18 x 1"

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

bigcouger said:
Here is what I got for ya, KOA 36" long x 3 3/4" wide x 2 1/8"thick
an Here is Pictures for ya

Strait up trade
Roy

an this is what it looks like in a project

Roy, Just to let you know I may be off on the moisture content since I dont own moisture meter. But I'll wrap it in shrink wrap just to be on the safe side. If you are still interested you got a deal! :good:
Bobby

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

Measurements on these pieces are as follows L-R
46 x 4 x 6 Trade pending (West River WoodWorks)
51 x 18 x 2 Trade pending (Joe rebuild)
46 x 12 x 2 Trade pending (Joe rebuild)
last one taken. (bigcougar)

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

LoneStar said:
Very cool stuff, never heard of it before.

Russian Olive is the common name, the Latin is Elaeagnus angustifolia. Its actually a gnarly, ugly, horrible invasive species tree that people planted up here for wind breaks. But its sure has some purdy wood. :i_am_so_happy:

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

Joe Rebuild said:
# 2 from left to right is still available?????? I am all over that if it is.

Cougar if you picked it up thats ok too just make sure you bring it with the next time you come down:sarcastic:

Its still available.

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

Missus Rebuild said:
Joe Rebuild said:
bwh3805 said:
Joe Rebuild said:
# 2 from left to right is still available?????? I am all over that if it is.

Cougar if you picked it up thats ok too just make sure you bring it with the next time you come down:sarcastic:

Its still available.

uh oh mama may ground me for this:ireful: How about a trade for some rosewood or this very cool maple we piked up today?

Ok I keep loading the wrong pics here
:ireful::ireful: been a long day:i_dunno:
BUSTED!!! but you are lucky, Mr. Rebuild...I like that wood too!

I'm not picky. I'm just looking to get the ball rolling here, make some new wood friends, and get some wood I dont have access to :yipee:

Lets do some trading. Im very interested in some rosewood. Not looking for much, which is more than I currently have. :yes:

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby
RE: Russian Olive slabs(at Issue)

Joe Rebuild said:
bwh3805 said:
Missus Rebuild said:
Joe Rebuild said:
bwh3805 said:
Its still available.

uh oh mama may ground me for this:ireful: How about a trade for some rosewood or this very cool maple we piked up today?

Ok I keep loading the wrong pics here
:ireful::ireful: been a long day:i_dunno:
BUSTED!!! but you are lucky, Mr. Rebuild...I like that wood too!

I'm not picky. I'm just looking to get the ball rolling here, make some new wood friends, and get some wood I dont have access to :yipee:

Lets do some trading. Im very interested in some rosewood. Not looking for much, which is more than I currently have. :yes:

Rosewood is not a problem 5/4 boards ok or????? What does the Ruskie olive weigh in at?

I'm cool with 5/4 or whatever. I've drooled over your rosewood!!! RO is actually pretty light. Its not a dense, heavy wood. I figure it weighs 30lbs. But then again I'm used to handling 100+ lb hunks of wood. SO anything less is tough to tell. I'll get a weight for you.

419Tomb

Reaction score
First name
Tom

I would be interested in the 46x4x6 piece.:good:
I have some 5/4 ambrosia maple, mesquite shorts, or figured honey locust. Let me know if any of these sound good and I will get some photos of them for you!:cool:
Tom

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric

I am interested. If there is any RO left and/or smaller pieces not shown. I am short on wood for trade so I would be trading for greenbacks... Just let me know.

BG

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David

Russia Olive grows as a shrub tree (weed) around here but have seen it that large. Hope to sometime soon learn to quit looking at all the fantasic wood everyone but me seems to have just before going to bed. it is tough to sleep while trying to figure out a way to wrangle some of these slab, chunks, hunks, burls, caps and whatever else you want to call this wood Lady Gaga.
Dave

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

BangleGuy said:
I am interested. If there is any RO left and/or smaller pieces not shown. I am short on wood for trade so I would be trading for greenbacks... Just let me know.

BG

I have some smaller chunks I can throw in with your spalted Maple blanks. I've not forgotten you, just got sidetracked. I'll see how much I can pack into a large flat rate today and get it out the door.

B

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

Joe Rebuild said:
Joe Rebuild said:
bwh3805 said:
Joe Rebuild said:
bwh3805 said:

Rosewood is not a problem 5/4 boards ok or????? What does the Ruskie olive weigh in at?

Sounds great!

I'm cool with 5/4 or whatever. I've drooled over your rosewood!!! RO is actually pretty light. Its not a dense, heavy wood. I figure it weighs 30lbs. But then again I'm used to handling 100+ lb hunks of wood. SO anything less is tough to tell. I'll get a weight for you.

It is just the shipping that concerned me. I run it through usps at 40lbs and see what comes up.

Looks like 35 40 bucks to ship usps parcel. Lets do it!:good: I will post some IRW pics for ya tomorrow evening. I have some live edge slab of IRW too if that gets you giddy:yipee:

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

West River WoodWorks said:
I have some 5/4 ambrosia maple, mesquite shorts, or figured honey locust. Let me know if any of these sound good and I will get some photos of them for you!:cool:
Tom

Tom, the piece you are interested in is still available. Its yours if you want it. Post some pics of what ya got. Im interested!!!

Bobby

419Tomb

Reaction score
First name
Tom

YES I DO!:yipee:
I will get some photos of the wood I mentioned earlier, hopefully today. Thanks,
Tom

bwh3805 said:
West River WoodWorks said:
Tom

Tom, the piece you are interested in is still available. Its yours if you want it.

Bobby

bwh3805

Reaction score
First name
Bobby

David Van Asperen said:
Russia Olive grows as a shrub tree (weed) around here but have seen it that large. Hope to sometime soon learn to quit looking at all the fantasic wood everyone but me seems to have just before going to bed. it is tough to sleep while trying to figure out a way to wrangle some of these slab, chunks, hunks, burls, caps and whatever else you want to call this wood love.
Dave

Dave,

I've been all over South Dakota and saw truck loads of killer wood. Get that chainsaw out and start knocking on doors. Most people will let you have that Russian Olive just to get rid of the ugly things.