Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

**ENDED** Want Coco Bola

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by bikerjim, Feb 19, 2012.

1. bikerjim

bikerjim Member Full Member Thread Starter

If anyone has some medium figured CoBo, I'm looking. I will either trade fr it or purchase it from you depending upon the price.

I remembeer back in the day, I managed the Paxton's Fine Woods store here in Tulsa and we got all kinds of very color/figure varigated CoBo from our distributor. I don't see much of it today and have a project coming up that would look good using some of it. Thanks

2. kweinert

kweinert Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    I don't know if you consider this figured or not:

[attachment=2029]

This is from a couple of sets of turning blocks I got from Tropical Exotic Hardwoods. If no one here has any to trade with you it might be worth checking with them.

PG_Turned_900_2290.jpg

3. wade

wade Work with Your Brain, Hands, and Heart = Artist. Full Member

First name:
    Wade
    Jim,
    What size or dimension are you looking for? I have some board form, and also, some bowl blanks in Cocobolo. Let me know when you can. And I remember Paxton's fine woods. They had one in Fort Worth, and a small one in Austin as well. Have done lot's of gawking in that store in the past.

4. kweinert

kweinert Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    There's one here in Denver. They have a 'seconds' rack where everything is $0.50 / bdft and the guy told me they have one person come in 2 or 3 times/year that just buys the entire thing.

He turns pet urns and so the particular types of wood aren't that important to him.

I'm going to have to visit them again here pretty quick :)

Current Time: 6:59 AM