**ENDED** WTS / WTT Mini- and Micro- Lathe Tools Multiple Sets of Tiny, sharp tools! REDUCED!!

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
I have 5 sets of Mini- and Micro- lathe tools for woodworking.
I obtained them 4-5 years ago from the son of the owner who was clearing out the estate. The gentleman was a machinist during WWII, then made his living as a watchmaker for a generation or two. Upon retirement, he went back to machining metal and wood to make intricate toys for grandchildren and kids in hospitals. Great guy, apparently! Good mojo attached. I got these tools (along with some other goodies) thinking I was going to make something tiny and intricate on my lathe. Well, the lathe eventually went away, no more dreaming of using tiny tools. When have you seen another set like this?

Group AMT 12, Microlux 10, Long 4.jpg

Set of 7 and 8+1.jpg

There are 5 sets, plus a couple of one-offs that I think go with the collection. Several have brand names (as marked), though some do not. I think several the owner made himself, though I couldn't say for sure. Please ck out photos. Happy to take more, zoom in, go measure stuff, etc., upon request. They all seem hardly used.
  • AMT MiniLathe Tools: Set of 12. 3 1/4" handles + 4" blades, +/- in various profiles, including straight, round, cut-offs, and more.
  • Microlux MicroLathe Tools: Set of 10. Handles ~5", blades ~1.5". Tiny, and terrifyingly sharp. Photo was a challenge as they kept rolling all over the place.
  • Smallish, Handmade(?) tools, Set of 7: 2.5" handles, blade length varies 2-4" or more. Lots of odd shapes for detailed, intricate work.
  • Longer, Handmade(?) tools, Set of 4, 4.5" handles, blades ~4" long, Mostly angled (not curved) blades.
  • Long-handled, shorter-blades, No brand I can find. Set of 8: 4.5" handles, Variety of 1" steel business ends: Straight, Curved, and even a V-tool. Might not cut more than cheese or soap, but may be good sharpening practice.
  • Individual lathe tools: see photos. Two total. Nice and sharp.
43 tools in all. They might all fit in a SFRB, or Medium with room to spare for sure. Either way, I'll cover shipping. For scale reference: They overflow the vintage cigar box I tried to keep them in, despite my wanting otherwise.

$100 REDUCED! NOW $80 shipped for all the sets. If you only want some of the collection, feel free to make an offer, let's talk.
Trading for carving tools (spoon gouges, etc.) a nice carving axe or hatchet, draw knife, etc.
Trading for wood is a possibility, though it would need to be really nice stuff due to current project backlog.

Microlux Closeup.jpg

AMT Mini Tips.jpg

Microlux 10.jpg

AMT Mini 2nd 6 of 12.jpg

Long 4, Tips.jpg

Microlux 10b Tips.jpg

AMT Mini 1st 6 of 12.jpg

Last edited:

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
I've never seen a micro set of tools. These could come in handy for someone that works in the miniature realm! Chuck

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Price Reduced: Now $80, shipped in FRB.

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Here's the chance to make an offer on this unusual set in time to receive them by Dec 24th!

Reminder: I'm happy to consider a trade if interested. I'd rather see someone enjoy these than watch them sit and gather (saw) dust in my little shop. Just sayin'...

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
@greenmtnguy and I have worked out a trade involving the tiny tools. Boxes in the mail and on their way.

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
And, mine came in over the weekend. The Yippees were probably audible in Vermont from Texas without any technology required.
Thank you kindly! Stay warm up there.