Enhancement Turning Challenge Voting

Two votes allowed in case you can't pick a favorite.

• Barb - steam punk bowl

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • trc65 - faux verdigris bowl

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Woodworking Vet - brass patches 2

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Jolie0708 - wenge, aluminum pen

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Jolie0708 - ebony and zebra wood pen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve in VA - torched, winged bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve in VA - pierced walnut bowl

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Steve in VA - torched natural edge bowl

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Here are your choices. Great projects by everyone showing some beautiful and unique enhancement techniques.

Voting is open to everyone, and will end in 5 days, at which time the winner gets to dictate the requirements for the next turning challenge.

More photos, descriptions and discussion on the projects can be found here: https://woodbarter.com/threads/june-july-turning-challenge-enhancements.45858/

The projects are listed in the order they were posted.

@Barb

barb1.jpg

barb2.jpg

@trc65

tim1.jpeg

tim2.jpeg

@Woodworking Vet

woodworking vet1.jpg

woodworking vet2.jpg

@Jolie0708 Wenge and aluminum jolie1.jpg

@Jolie0708 ebony and zebra wood jolie2.jpg

@Steve in VA torched winged bowl

steve1.jpg

steve2.jpg

Continued in next post...

Last edited:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad somebody did, I didn't want to have to figure out a tie breaker.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Annnnd it's a tie.....again.
Lol

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
A tie equates to our next challenge!

It will have to be a collaboration between two members. The first pair that are collaborating together are the two winners of this one, and together they not only decide the next challenge, but pair up those that want to participate.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Congratulations Damon (@Woodworking Vet). An outstanding piece and well deserved win.

Congratulations also to Barb for her superb entry, I think this was the closest voting yet for one of the challenges.

Thank you to everyone who participated either with a project, or with commentary, I really enjoyed seeing the differing enhancements.

The ball is now in Damon's hands, looking forward to what he decides to challenge us with next.

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Congrats @Woodworking Vet !

It's a very well deserved win with an exquisite piece Damon, and up against some very tough competition I might add! If you have some time, I'm sure all of us would appreciate a few additional comments on the techniquite to both turn the piece as well as the finishing process.

It's great to see how everyone keeps upping their game for these contests and I, for one, feel as if I'm getting better because of you all. Thank you!

What's next Damon? :ponder:

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Congratulations @Woodworking Vet !!!!! Exquisite work. Damon and Tim’s work look like they are twins because of the same finish characteristics and patina. What a tight score till the end between Barb and Damon.

Last edited:

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Aw shucks..... Thanks everyone :blush-33:
I'll look in the mail next week for the winner's check :sarcastic:

So someone tell me the rules for the next challenge. Dates, important particulars......

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
So someone tell me the rules for the next challenge. Dates, important particulars......
That's all up to you! Each challenge has been about a month in duration, more or less, and must involve turning something. Other than that, it is really wide open. I think there is a sticky listing all the past challenges, and the first post usually has the rules listed. The hard part for me (particularly as we complete more and more challenges) is coming up with a challenge that is new and will attract the most participants.

If you need ideas, here is a thread from January where many ideas for future challenges were put forth. https://woodbarter.com/threads/next-turning-challenge.44332/

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Congrats Damon! That's a well deserved win. :) I'm out of town and finally got somewhere that I have a signal and was able to check.