Estate sale score

wyowoodwrker

Reaction score
First name
nick
Well it's been a while since I have been on here. Even longer since I have made sawdust but Life happens and I haven't had a shop in a few years. Getting ready to move again and I'll finally be able to get back to making stuff. I scored this whole lot in an estate sale for $80. They need some cleaning up and tuning but all appear to be in pretty good shape. The list is : a Stanley #8, bedrock 605 1/2, Stanley #4, Stanley rabbeting block plane, Stanley#78 shoulder, #80 scraper....and the jewel of the lot, to me anyway a Stanley #113 compass plane..... pretty good haul for $80 I think.

IMG_20191003_202755.jpg

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Great deal!

$80 would be a good deal for several of those planes individually, but $80 for the lot is fantastic.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Nice score Nick!
Good to see you back on again!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Good to see you again Nick!

wyowoodwrker

Reaction score
First name
nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys, have to admit I'm a little excited to be able to make stuff again. I have plans to start with a good solid bench for flat work. Since I don't have a jointer and space is going to be a bit limited I needed a #7 or #8 and a jack plane for that project. Score them both in one grab. Then I can get going on what I really want to do. Since I've been on here last we have been taking care of foster kiddos. So far we have had 9 in and out of our lives in the last year. My goal is to make them something that they can take with when they leave us, something to remind them of us and will stand up to some little people use/abuse. It's been a challenging road the last year but I'm looking forward to better more productive times ahead.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'd like to see a pic of the compass plane.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I would think you should be able to find replacement parts on ebay.

To further illustrate how good a deal you got, this past weekend I saw three different vintage compass planes at a flea market(First of them I've ever seen " in the wild"), none of them were in as good a condition as yours, although they were complete. They ranged in price from $120 - $140.....

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Those are so cool! I have yet to add one to my collection.