Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Very cool idea. Yup it gets a little quiet here in the summer months. A lot of guys shops get to hot to work in and it's time for outdoor activities. Winter time see's more folks in there shops, myself included. It's still hot here.

Crocy in Aus.

Reaction score
Townsville, Tropical North Queensland, Australia.
First name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very cool idea. Yup it gets a little quiet here in the summer months. A lot of guys shops get to hot to work in and it's time for outdoor activities. Winter time see's more folks in there shops, myself included. It's still hot here.
What a contrast our world is, it was 94°F in my shed today and it's Winter down here, but as sure as the sun rises, Summer is on the way.
Crocy.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
That’s cool! After three or four, I’d probably forget to pull the lid off, and then I’d spill the beer all over my shirt.

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
That’s cool! After three or four, I’d probably forget to pull the lid off, and then I’d spill the beer all over my shirt.
How many to paint your toenails?

Crocy in Aus.

Reaction score
Townsville, Tropical North Queensland, Australia.
First name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Innovative idea on the drink covers! Beautiful wood, also! Chuck
I didn't think to label the timber, I sometimes forget I use different timber to most on this forum. The two wine glass covers are Maple Silkwood ( a native rainforest timber), same as the block they are sitting on, the next two are from locally grown Honduras mahogany and the one on the beer can is a Beach Hibiscus, aka Cottonwood.
Crocy.

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
Nice covers! Interesting wood.
You’re right about the quiet , this time of year it’s averaging 105 ish in the shop with lately 80+% humidity— SE Texas. Want to get shoptime, but if I wait ‘til late, won’t be worth a plug nickel at work.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
How many to paint your toenails?

Probably quite a few unless I was required to paint them to use one of those gender fluid bathrooms there in North Carolina.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
In my experience, beer in front of an Aussie never lasted long enough to attract bugs. Well, except for a Darwin stubby. I guess all the major state breweries (Castlemain Perkins, Tooheys, VB, Cascade, Boges...) are getting some competition now from craft brewers, huh?

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
In my experience, beer in front of an Aussie never lasted long enough to attract bugs. Well, except for a Darwin stubby. I guess all the major state breweries (Castlemain Perkins, Tooheys, VB, Cascade, Boges...) are getting some competition now from craft brewers, huh?

I have a Australian friend who never lets a stubby get warm.

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
That's a very good idea! I knew a guy who got stung in his throat 20 years ago by not seeing a bee in his can. Now he only drinks from a bottle. I've been leery of that happening to me ever since so now I know what I'll be making before next summer. :)