Ex-30 scroll saw help

wannabe scroller

Reaction score
First name
alim
Hello all.

I have had this saw for nearly 2 years. From the beginning I found that the blades don't stay in the clamps. I have not broken this many blades on any machine. I had the basic Delta 16", Dremel, and DeWalt 788. But the real problem appears to be that when I stack cut 3 pieces of 1/4" oak ply; the bottom piece either comes out larger or smaller then the top piece. It is so frustrating. Initially I had taken it in for a checkup and was told that there is nothing wrong with the machine. Actually I was told that because my saw is not on a concrete floor that is why I am having these issues. I cut the wooden floor and laid down concrete. Lo and behold ... Still the same problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks all.

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
@wannabe scroller
I am not sure about your blade holding problem, but the different size on the stack cuts sounds like your blade is cutting at an angle.
Try a small square on the table and against the blade to see if your table and blade are at a 90 degree angle.
What type of blade holder do you have? A picture may be of help so others and myself can see what you are dealing with
Dave
@woodtickgreg @pvwoodcrafts

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I might think the different sized cuts where due to a lack of tension, this could be due to the blade clamps not holding. I like a lot of tension on my blades when I'm scrolling.

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
I too use a lot of tension , seems to give me a more controlled cut.
I have found that if I am cutting a small circle or even cutting a circle In the waste area to make a turn that when making the turn fast ( as in the feed rate )that I usually will end up with a cut larger on the top than bottom. So when making cuts that are going to show on the project or are critical cuts such as puzzle pieces sliding box tops etc. I tend to slow the feed rate way down and let the blade do the work especially in thicker wood
Dave

Last edited:

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
have you tried PGT blades?
The blade holders have a set screw on opposite side you can adjust , or they may just be worn out. Judy wears out a lot of things on her scroll saws
If you have more problems with it call Ray at Seyco.

Last edited: