First Segmented Pens using different materials.

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
20210617_200122.jpg
This a Devin Pen in chrome my first multi-material Pen. I had absolutely no clue how to put this together but I knew how I wanted it to look. But it sure was an ugly blank🤦‍♀Yikes!
It's made out of ebony & zebra wood & vulcanized fiber board. Turning it the way the blank was on the lathe I'm not sure how to treat the fiber board to keep it from making little marks into the other segments. There are several of those. And when I drilled it on the lathe, it went off sideways therefore it turned out off center. I'm not sure if it was the bit I used(bradpoint) or if the way I segmented it made it go off kilter... but it's still my very first true segmented one so over all it could be alot worse. I learned alot from this one.

20210617_200224.jpg
This is another Devin Pen kit in chrome, segmented with Wenge on the top & bottom of the blank. Then a piece of aluminum on top and bottom of the wenge with black inside(can't remember what it's called). Then a cool piece of acrylic I thought would go good with these colors. I feel like this one turned out a little better than the first one, the first one was a big learning experience in the segmenting stuff. But this one is still far from perfect as the blank somehow is not all the way square if you look hard enough..

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Beautiful pens Jolie!

BTW, those pens fit the criteria for the June/July turning challenge, why don't you go over to that thread and post your pitures and officially enter.

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful pens Jolie!

BTW, those pens fit the criteria for the June/July turning challenge, why don't you go over to that thread and post your pitures and officially enter.
Thank you so much!
I didn't know there was such a thing. I'll go take a look