For Colorado residents

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
(Mods, if this is in the wrong place please move - the right place could include the trash bin, of course)

I just received an email from Boulder County Parks and Open Space.

Boulder County Parks & Open Space will hold a 2020 Ramey Homestead Black Walnut Woodworking Event and we hope you will participate. Woodworkers of varying levels of skill and talent are invited to request wood to use to create works of functional art, turned bowls and vases, furniture, wood sculptures, and folk art from recently harvested wood from the Ramey Homestead’s large black walnut tree. The tree succumbed to Thousand Cankers Disease and was removed for safety reasons. We will hold an exhibit in October 2020 at The Great Frame Up Longmont.

This is a chance to work with unique wood and to have your woodworking creation considered for display at the exhibit. Interested woodworkers need to submit their request for wood by Feb. 27, 2019. Visit www.BoulderCountyOpenSpace.org/woodworking to schedule your wood collection appointment on either Thursday, March 14 between 8 a.m.-noon or Tuesday, April 2 between 1-5 p.m.

You do have to be a Colorado resident and able to pick up the wood on one of those 2 days.

I realize this is somewhat limited and not of interest to the general populace here but I thought it the easiest way to let the other Colorado members here know of the opportunity.

Visiting the link above will give you all the details.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
How big was the tree. Some of the homestead trees planted in ore. Are beyond huge.