Foredom tool gloat

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Went to an estate sale nearby and got this lightly used (or so it appears) Foredom rotary tool, with a lot of accessories and bits for $65. I have a Chinese knock-off model that I dont like very well, hope this is a big improvement, also got a few other random hand tools and a rubbermaid shop cart... apparently the fellow was a machinist, hundreds of metal working bits and metal stock and every kind if micrometer and measuring instrument you could imagine... @woodtickgreg you would have gone nuts...
fordam.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I must show controll and restrain myself!
Man that thing looks brand new.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Super nice! Now you can start making bone necklace carvings.

This is Louie da' Fish, a friend of mine in Hawai'i, making bone necklaces.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Congrats! You must be living right with the deals you find! If you think about it, when you figure out exactly what you have, perhaps you could put together a short tutorial. Chuck

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I must show controll and restrain myself!
Man that thing looks brand new.
Yea after looking at it closer, I think it has never been use, there are just some extra old accessories thrown in with it that made me think of was used...

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Awesome score Barry, I've been wanting one for awhile!

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Great score Barry! Be sure to buy some extra shaft inserts to have around just in case. They can break at the most inopportune time. I've got a glut - dremels, a knockoff, a few air driven, a foredom, and a pfingst, as long as some die grinders. Like the pfingst and the foredom the best - probably the freedom best as I like the foot control.

Joker9

Surprize, AZ
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Barry nice catch! I've just bought a knockoff and looking for a handpiece. If u have parts left over u want to sell or trade

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Foredom will be donating one like that to our SWFL Wood Art Expo for our raffle. Great company!
Just looked at your link Lou, looks like your running the show for this event, good for you! And it looks like @Spinartist will be there too, wish you weren't on the other side of the continent, Id love to check it out...

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Just looked at your link Lou, looks like your running the show for this event, good for you! And it looks like @Spinartist will be there too, wish you weren't on the other side of the continent, Id love to check it out...
Yes, and you don't know how much involvement it is until you step up and say yes :scare3: It has actually been very enjoyable though...I know, a glutton for punishment :punish: