Functional/mobile scrap workbench

MrSeabass

Reaction score
First name
Sebastian
I cannot recall where I found the instructions online, but I found a design for a fairly cheap space-saving workbench I built from one sheet of plywood and whatever dimensional lumber I had around. Added a section of wallboard as a top and kept the channel to act as a blade passtrough if I were cut stuff with a circular saw on it. Later on (no photos unfortunately) I added stabilizing legs that folded down so you could really lean on it if you had to. The downside is of course, the stability of the narrow base and just how clumsy it was to roll around. After a while it turned into the 'put all my junk on it' table so it was unceremoniously scrapped late last year.

image001.jpg image002.jpg image003.jpg image004.jpg

Diver Temple

Reaction score
First name
Mo
Nicely done. That vice is a nice addition; does its weight add counter balance to maintain it in both the open and folded position or do you have it pinned somehow to keep to much weight on one side from flipping the top over while you're working?

MrSeabass

Reaction score
First name
Sebastian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It helped but definitely not but much; I added two deadbolt latches on the ends of the hinged part to lock it in place.