General prices for...

JenniHeaps

Reaction score
First name
Jennifer
Going on a tip to post this here, I was wondering if ya'll could help me with some general pricing. My farm has cherry, cedar, and burl wood that my hub is wanting to clear. As I stated in a previous post, I am just "wood stupid" and am looking to not have anyone take advantage. Any advice will be considered.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Price is determined by quality. Cherry is cheap wet. Very difficult to dry. Wholesale it starts at 50 cents a lb +-....... Cedar burl-You do not see often. I assume eastern. And other???? Best do what others do, sell a few and see how it goes.

Last edited:

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
If these are merely cedar trees (no burls), the largest cedar mill in tn is buying at 100/ ton or .48 / log foot for logs over 7 inches on small end.
That equals about 7.20 for a 7 incher and 82.08 for a 24 incher. This price is at their mill. And a straight sound log. Here's hoping you meant cedar burl.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I do not think I gave price for cedar burl. I changed punctuation. Hopefully clearer.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Was trying to say, I hope Jenni was talking cedar burl not just cedar trees. Best Guage for local prices is facedupe markitup. I meant to say face book marketplace. Watch what sells not just how much folks are asking. And by all means get a couple or better yet three loggers to give you a rough quote for your standard trees. The burls would be best to harvest yourself or by a wood hoarder anyhow...