General Sherman and other sequoias given blankets

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
What they did should be done in the reat of the state. But these trees have been alive for a couple 1000 years. They have seen fire before. And survived.
I read about 1200 forest that a glacier in Alaska buried. Hmmmmm so the forest was growing 1200 years ago. This means there was no glacier 1200 years. Gotta wonder how that works with current climate change agenda.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I visited the park a few years ago, there is virtually no understory there, it is groomed like a park amongst the giants, really don't understand what the concern was.... their bark is over a foot thick and fire resistant...

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I visited the park a few years ago, there is virtually no understory there, it is groomed like a park amongst the giants, really don't understand what the concern was.... their bark is over a foot thick and fire resistant...
yeah exactly! and really was that pissant little fire blanket going to do?

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
I read about 1200 forest that a glacier in Alaska buried. Hmmmmm so the forest was growing 1200 years ago. This means there was no glacier 1200 years. Gotta wonder how that works with current climate change agenda.
It means that if you tell anybody, you'll be labeled a racist.

Last edited: